News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recommend me a Tremolo build

Started by Guybrush, July 17, 2014, 05:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hey all

I built the MusicPCB Tap Tempo Tremolo some time ago and while it's a great pedal, mine suffers from a great deal of ticking in a lot of the settings.

Please could somebody recommend me another tremolo build that let's you select different wave types?

I can obviously Google this myself but I was hoping to get a bit of feedback on different circuits from the lovely people here who have built them.

Thanks guys!

lincolnic

Sounds like the Tremulous Lune/Shoot the Moon is what you're after.

rullywowr

Shoot the Moon is one of my new favorites, just popped one last night with great results.  EA Tremolo is pretty good too.  Tremulus Lune (and all the mods) is also a great one.  If you are rolling your own LDR with Tayda LDRs (or similar no-names)...a clear orange LED seems to give a great sweep in my experience.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

juansolo

Shoot the Moon. It's the bollocks.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

If you want a choppier style Trem, shoot the moon is a really nice one.  If you want a warmer Trem that is closer to the old Fender style trems, then the EA Trem is what I would go for.  The EA also works really nicely as a boost of you short the LFO to ground.  Both are great in their own way.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Forgot one, Jon's Harmonic Trem is really very cool if you fancy something a little different.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

rullywowr

Quote from: juansolo on July 17, 2014, 08:06:26 PM
Forgot one, Jon's Harmonic Trem is really very cool if you fancy something a little different.

Yep, forgot to mention that...the Cardinal is also pretty bad-ass..

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

GrindCustoms

Populated my Cardinal this weekend and gave it a try on the BoB... really cool unit, maybe not my thing since i'm more into the chopper style of trem, but for the classy fender stylish trem.. this is tha shizznit!

Otherwise, we offer the STM under it's last incarnation by it's creator CJ, under the name Electric Boogaloo.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

midwayfair

Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 17, 2014, 09:31:56 PM
Populated my Cardinal this weekend and gave it a try on the BoB... really cool unit, maybe not my thing since i'm more into the chopper style of trem, but for the classy fender stylish trem.. this is tha shizznit!

Otherwise, we offer the STM under it's last incarnation by it's creator CJ, under the name Electric Boogaloo.

PM me and I'll see if we can figure out a way to make the tremolo more square.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: midwayfair on July 17, 2014, 10:31:03 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 17, 2014, 09:31:56 PM

PM me and I'll see if we can figure out a way to make the tremolo more square.

Cool! I'll spend more time with it first, maybe it will demonstrate me all of the sine wave goodness.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Guybrush

Wonderful suggestions as always!

Cheers guys, I'll have a look at all the suggestions.

Such a shame that the MusicPCB TTT ticks so much (well my build does at least). I spent forever designing the decal and putting it all together (twice) and just can't dial out the noise.

Edit: Are the TL and STM pedals similar?

GrindCustoms: Do you have a build doc/BOM for the Electric Boogaloo? The link on your site doesn't seem to work. Thanks!

lincolnic

Quote from: Guybrush on July 18, 2014, 11:48:47 AM

I believe the Shoot the Moon is a modified/simplified Tremulus Lune.

Hangingmonkey

Wonderful suggestions as always!

Cheers guys, I'll have a look at all the suggestions.

Such a shame that the MusicPCB TTT ticks so much (well my build does at least). I spent forever designing the decal and putting it all together (twice) and just can't dial out the noise.

GrindCustoms: Do you have a build doc/BOM for the Electric Boogaloo? The link on your site doesn't seem to work. Thanks!

Try accessing it from the link on his forum, that works for me

Droogie

I built one with zero ticking. Did you try the special wiring of the footswitch to eliminate the ticking? It seems to have worked...
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

jtn191

I'll 2nd the Cardinal if you want vintage/unique. I haven't finished mine but like the demos I've heard