News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

About time!

Started by GrindCustoms, July 16, 2014, 05:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

MadBean's ZPSDX

Best sounding PT2399 delay that i've tried/heard/built so far.

Stoked for V2... :o
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

My verdict too. The active filters make it. Never bothered with a BBD delay since I built the ZPSDLX.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

flanagan0718

I've been putting one of these off for too long now. I need to get one and just build it already. Great build Rej, that "worn" finish you do is awesome!

GammaFlex

Love it! slick finish work

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys!

Quote from: juansolo on July 16, 2014, 07:11:57 AM
My verdict too. The active filters make it. Never bothered with a BBD delay since I built the ZPSDLX.

ZPDD is next.... with a little twist! ;)

Quote from: flanagan0718 on July 16, 2014, 12:31:14 PM
I've been putting one of these off for too long now. I need to get one and just build it already. Great build Rej, that "worn" finish you do is awesome!

Thanks mate!

Put it on top of the pile, i've built shitons of PT2399 based delay..... and this.. well... the Ultimate! 8)

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pickdropper

Looks great, Rej.

Did you build yours stock?  On mine the dry portion of the signal has a bit more treble emphasis than the sound with the pedal bypassed.  I have tweaked it some, but haven't had time to get back to it recently

I also had to reduce the gain so it didn't boost the signal when engaging the delay.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

muddyfox

Quote from: pickdropper on July 16, 2014, 02:25:29 PM
I also had to reduce the gain so it didn't boost the signal when engaging the delay.

Which bits should I socket to be ready for this?

I've had this board in my closet for at least a year, perhaps it's time to bring it to life...

GrindCustoms

Quote from: pickdropper on July 16, 2014, 02:25:29 PM
Looks great, Rej.

Did you build yours stock?  On mine the dry portion of the signal has a bit more treble emphasis than the sound with the pedal bypassed.  I have tweaked it some, but haven't had time to get back to it recently

Pretty much all built stock, other that i've socketed IC1 to try different OpAmps.

I've reduced R3 (1M), resistor in the feedback loop of IC1A to 470K because it was way above unity gain in front of the amp or in the loop, fixed it by reducing the input gain. 1M is shown in the picture, did'nt want to take it all out so i just soldered another 1M in parrallel on top of it.....

I've used a 3K resistor for R36 that sets the output level of the Tape mode...hmm...when rotary is at the far position CCW.

With pedal engaged but Mix control all the way CCW i don't notice any major treble boost or loss, pretty much «transparent»(faaawwwkkk, i've said it... ::)