News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Deadringer 2 signal problem; there isn't one!!

Started by Nate77, July 14, 2014, 05:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate77

I just put together the deadringer 2 and I'm getting no signal past the input jack. I feel I've done this to myself before but cannot remember wht the issue is. My computer has been infected with some awful virus so I'm not able to upload pics right now but I'm workin on it. I wired it exactly as the diagram goes, with no extra grounding. Not sure what's up but when I probe it the audio signal stops abruptly at the input jack tip. I don't even get a signal at c1. Not cool. I'm quite sure that the issue is rediculously simple and embarrassing but heh, I'm no genius. Thanks for the help gents.

midwayfair

Remove it from the enclosure and test the PCB separately. You need to eliminate other factors. Does your bypass work?

Nate77

Thanks Jon. The bypass worked fine. I know better than to write a panic post without any info. The issue was simply the two 1/4" jacks not being tied together. I typically ground ally pedals the same way with good 'ol star grounding but the wiring diagram didn't show a common ground outside of the board but of course as soon as I tied them together it worked great. Silly me. Thanks for the help man. You're one of the mainstays on these forums and have helped me out on many occasions. Thanks bro.