News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Firebomb (why do I do this to myself?)

Started by pandadandan, April 21, 2011, 05:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandadandan

Had some spare solid-core mil-spec wire kicking around, so decided to do some idiotic wiring.  Utterly unnecessary.  It does add a level of excitement when you've wired it up in a manner which makes it impossible to easily take apart, yet you've never bothered to test it before putting it in the box.

Thankfully, it worked first time.  Otherwise I'd have thrown it out of the window in utter disgust.

Here be the wee beastie:

And the money shot:

timbo_93631

It's so artistic!  Like a cubist painting in there!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

night-B

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

mattpoole

such control with the wire, i am jealous. :)

pandadandan

Thanks!

It was an exercise in pointlessness, though.  The wire is amazing to work with, though.  Solid-core is great, but this stuff is awesome.  The sleeving is teflon, so I could solder it on the trace side without any jacket shrinkage/melting like I get with my usual stranded hookup wire.  OTOH, if you make a mistake with your bends, straightening them out and rebending really takes its toll on the wire. 

I'll try to avoid doing this style again, but I invariably will end up doing the same.  Maybe I should get drunk again like I did with my Kokbox build.   ;D

cjkbug

I got myself a couple big spools of that wire. it's great to work with. super easy to solder
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

mattpoole

Quote from: pandadandan on April 22, 2011, 12:31:31 AM
The sleeving is teflon, so I could solder it on the trace side without any jacket shrinkage/melting like I get with my usual stranded hookup wire.

i have some of that stuff, it is great quality. the teflon is super slick (quite literally), and a little hard to handle when stripping IMO. the stuff i have is Mil Spec Teflon stranded wire in 22 AWG.

JeffdaMaori

Great origami exercise! Really great work!  ;D

bigmufffuzzwizz

Woah man  :o !! I see you've got some free time!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jtn191