News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mr. Bubble Reverb (Rub A Dub)

Started by SlaveUnit, July 11, 2014, 06:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlaveUnit

I grabbed the mostly popped Rub A Dub board from WretchedStudios over at the BYOC fourm (although he may be here too) and took it from there.  Being new to the pedal world grabbing a few popped boards were a great practice to get a feel for how they all come together.  For me the painting, offboard wiring and wire neatness can be the main challenge.  This was also my first experience with the 3PDT board.

As most know, a simple, nice sounding reverb.  This one has the long brick (2.85ms) in it.  Last week I bought a Rub A Dub Deluxe and can't wait to get to that. 

Nothing crazy...just having lots of fun doing these.

Leevibe

Beautiful work and I dig the graphic and knob! And welcome to Madbean!

jimilee

That very cool. I put my brick underneath, but everyone else seems to put it on top. Interesting.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

SlaveUnit

I used a pcb mounted pot.  Since the enclosure is a 1590B I'm not sure if there would be enough room to put the pot on top of the brick.  Were you using an offboard pot?  Or maybe a taller enclosure?  If not, I have somehing new to learn on how to get it all to fit.  :o

muddyfox

Quote from: jimilee on July 11, 2014, 08:32:00 PM
That very cool. I put my brick underneath, but everyone else seems to put it on top. Interesting.

How do you put it underneath? Are the pins symmetric?

jimilee

I don't know I just put pin one in the square hole :-)
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

SlaveUnit

Would that make it a reverse reverb?  Ok Ok   that was lame.

blearyeyes

Super clean.

but what would you expect from mr. bubble?

rullywowr

Totally dig it!  Love mr bubble.  Clean work there. :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

wgc

Nice!

Looks great, especially how your graphic's corners work with the box
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer