News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Doubel Ganger - build thread

Started by madbean, July 11, 2014, 04:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I'm starting a build thread for my Doubel Ganger. My board is mostly populated but not finished yet. I've decided not to board mount any of the pots or switches to try a different layout. Also, I'm going to do toggles for the LFO Mode and Phase / Vib switch so there is only one footswitch. Lastly, I think I will ditch the spectral bypass option since I don't see needing it.

Here is my scratch artwork so far. I'm thinking an enclosure etch for this. The Genghis image is actually clipart, I think. I filled in areas with black to give it more contrast and pop a bit. I'm digging the look of this.

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

alanp

This should be interesting :) (and a bit of a switchapalooza.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

blearyeyes

Like the name ha!

Didn't he ride elephants and stomp a bunch or Romans or something?
Maybe a few elephants in the background with some mountains.
or stomped Romans...

LaceSensor

Keen to see how this works out.
I always felt like the dual LFO mode was worthy of a footswitch though.

Agree, you almost never use spectral mode however,...

alanp

Quote from: blearyeyes on July 11, 2014, 10:21:25 PM
Maybe a few elephants in the background with some mountains.
or stomped Romans...

That was Hannibal.

The Khans conquered Europe, and I heard somewhere that it was said at the time that a virgin with a bag of gold could walk from Seville, France to Beijing, China unaccompanied, and she would still be a virgin, and also have the bag of gold at the end.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

kothoma

Quote from: blearyeyes on July 11, 2014, 10:21:25 PM

Nope, that's Hannibal. There where elephants but he rode a horse just like Genghis Khan.

selfdestroyer

Brian, you ever get this boxed up? I am working on a enclosure layout right now and would love to see what you can up with.

Cody