News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Real MN3008's?

Started by mattlee0037, July 07, 2014, 04:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jighead81

Got mine, they were bagged up and holding onto each other for dear life. Fired right up and looked brand new though.

mattlee0037

Anyone running at 15v? I need an ne570 and mn3101 before I can test mine

jubal81

Mangled. I think I can straighten the pins on 3 of the 4, but this one might be toast.

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

timbo_93631

Mine came hugging each other in the baggy, no foam.  Fired right up despite the total lack of ESD safe packaging.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Stomptown

Looks like they got the memo on proper packaging! I just got a set of 2 and they were properly packed inside an ESD tube that was taped to a piece of cardboard. I still have to verify them but it sounds like these are legit...

jubal81

Quote from: Stomptown on July 26, 2014, 10:00:13 PM
Looks like they got the memo on proper packaging! I just got a set of 2 and they were properly packed inside an ESD tube that was taped to a piece of cardboard. I still have to verify them but it sounds like these are legit...

He sent an email that a replacement is on the way. I haven't done anything with them yet, though.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Stomptown

Just tested mine and they are legit!

lincolnic

So far it seems like all of you who've ordered have gotten real chips, is that right? I don't have anything to test them in, but if they're selling good chips I'm considering buying two pairs for the upcoming Dirtbag board...I just wouldn't want to have them sitting around until September (or whenever the PCB is released) only to learn that they're bad after the return period ended.