News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Real MN3008's?

Started by mattlee0037, July 07, 2014, 04:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattlee0037

Saw this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/MN3008-Original-Panasonic-Matsushita-8P-DIP-IC-2-pcs-/291175702355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43cb6c9f53

Anyone have experience? They have a good seller rating and 13 dollars for 2 seems like a great deal.

twin1965

Contact the seller to see if they've tested them.

They've been around since '79 so hopefully they're a serious business.

lincolnic

I'd want to know why they put "original" in quotation marks.

pickdropper

I ordered a couple.  I'll report back when I get them
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

mattlee0037

I also ordered some although pickdropper will probably test them first. Try said they weren't tested but they had a good source so they are all real and if not to return them and exchange

mattlee0037

So they didn't come in any ESD packaging.. just a plastic baggy lol

pickdropper

Quote from: mattlee0037 on July 10, 2014, 09:30:23 PM
So they didn't come in any ESD packaging.. just a plastic baggy lol

Ouch.  Top notch electronics vendor, I see.

Mine aren't scheduled to get here until Monday, so you might actually get to test yours first.
Function f(x)

jighead81

Waiting to see if they work then I'm gonna order some too. Plastic baggy? Really?

pickdropper

Mine showed up, so I will test them this weekend.  A few quick observations:

1.)  The printing looks very new.  It is possible that this is because they are NOS but it's also possible they've been reprinted.

2.)  The date codes are the same for both chips, so they are either fakes or they came from one large NOS batch.  Either could be the case.

3.)  The tooling looks like some other MN3008 chips I have (also untested).  I'll compare it to some MN3005s that I have as well as some other fake MN3005 (really MN3008s).

I'll report my findings later.
Function f(x)

timbo_93631

I ordered some too, really surprised they are coming bagged.  Were the pins in anti-static foam or were the BBD's just loose in the baggy?
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

pickdropper

Quote from: timbo_93631 on July 11, 2014, 04:08:20 PM
I ordered some too, really surprised they are coming bagged.  Were the pins in anti-static foam or were the BBD's just loose in the baggy?

Loose in the baggy and coupled together like a couple of love-sick grasshoppers.
Function f(x)

timbo_93631

Yeah, that isn't the best way to treat BBDs!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

pickdropper

Despite the loose packaging and questionable markings, these fired right up.  I didn't even rebias for them yet.  So it's looking like they are good.

I'll be curious to hear how Mattlee's experience is.
Function f(x)

mattlee0037

I'll be ordering my parts today so I'll hopefully have them going by the weekend

jubal81

Ordered 2 pairs today. Keeping my fingers crossed.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair