News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sqweeker Slambox Two In One Wiring?

Started by Roctopus, April 20, 2011, 07:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roctopus

Hello everyone,

I just finished putting together my first Two In One pedal. It's the Sqweeker and Slambox in one enclosure. After putting it together I discovered that the Slambox worked but the Sqweeker did not. I used the Krankasouras wiring diagram for my Two In One as suggested from another thread. I'm not sure what I did wrong but I have some thoughts....

Because I put the 9v wire from DC to the 9v of the Slambox PCB first than to the 9v on the Sqweeker PCB, could that be the problem?

The Krankasouras doesn't have SW on the PCB but both the Sqweeker and Slambox do. I left them empty, could that be the problem?

Was the Krankasouras wiring diagram the wrong way to go and that's why it doesn't work?

The soldering on the Sqweeker PCB was a challenge and there were some bridges however I double checked and they were all connected anyway.

Here is a pic of how I have everything wired...

[attachment deleted by admin]

jkokura

Yes, you've wired the power wrong. You've wired it series, and you need to wire it in parallel. That means you have two wires from your 9VDC jack, one each to the PCB's.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Roctopus

Quote from: jkokura on April 20, 2011, 07:41:09 PM
Yes, you've wired the power wrong. You've wired it series, and you need to wire it in parallel. That means you have two wires from your 9VDC jack, one each to the PCB's.

Jacob

Thank you so much Jacob. I'll re-wire it and post the results :)

jkokura

Also, the diagram shows that your squeeker and DC jack aren't actually grounded. You still need to connect that series of connections to one of the Jack sleeve's.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Roctopus

Quote from: jkokura on April 20, 2011, 07:43:20 PM
Also, the diagram shows that your squeeker and DC jack aren't actually grounded. You still need to connect that series of connections to one of the Jack sleeve's.

Jacob

Ok so would connecting a wire from B3 of the Sqweeker SW1 to the Sleeve of J2 fix that?

Roctopus

So I ended up connecting the ground to the sleeve of J2 and between the two switches. I also wired the power in parallel instead of in series and now it works marvelously! Thank you so much Jacob and Mr. Madbean!!!!

bigmufffuzzwizz

I've almost made this same mistake w/ the power. Good to know.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals