News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pots with narrower shaft: Are there options?

Started by davidnlsw, July 05, 2014, 04:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidnlsw

I have a box full of hundreds of old HAMM radio knobs and stuff from my grandpa. I'd like to use them on pedal builds but some of them won't fit on standard Alpha 16mm pot shafts.

Google isn't helping much. Are there places where I can find standard value pots with a smaller shaft these knobs might fit on?

Thanks!

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jtn191

I've run into this too...depending on the knob construction etc you might even look into drilling it and widening it to 1/4". Might be a bad idea, I haven't tried it.

davent

The Digikey print catalog (2011) i was looking in had them at roughly 3-4 dollars (cdn), big jump. My link was for canadian prices, US prices are roughly $1 less.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davidnlsw

I clicked on a few of the pots at saw around 6 CDN. Maybe I just clicked on a couple more expensive pots..

davent

I would think those are the ones that have the switch as well as the pot.