News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Jason the Dragon

Started by juansolo, July 03, 2014, 06:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Well I didn't expect to ever need to build another one of these given how long the Hashishian was kicking around before I had to almost give it away to get shot of it.

But here it is! Another stoner inspired multi. Same old, same old.

Many thanks to Ian (LaceSensor) for the Stage Fright and Dave (Pickdropper) for the MiniMuffin.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

selfdestroyer

Very clean build, I am really digging your stoner rock builds. Can I ask what transistors you used on the MiniMuffin? They look smooth and no seam on the top of them. Just never ran into tranies that look like that.

juansolo

They're 2SC1327. Japanese so they need a leg twist. We get them from this fella http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120687365161

Before we told anyone about them he'd sell them bulk very reasonably. Seems the word got out and now he's not as keen. They make really nice muff trannies those.

marauder

Get the paper towel remnants off the phaser where it was cleaned!

juansolo

LOL hadn't noticed that!

LaceSensor

what was wrong with the stage fright, pray tell?

GrindCustoms

Badass! Always dig those  8)

I think it's time to unleash the MoM... so my confort zone get comfy again..... ::) :P

Quote from: marauder on July 03, 2014, 07:52:27 PM
Get the paper towel remnants off the phaser where it was cleaned!

Yup! Looks like you wiped his balls! Lulz!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 03, 2014, 09:11:54 PM

Rather than fault find it, I just stripped it and started again... Could have been the trimmer (had that before), could have been bad OTAs. It shall remain one of life's mysteries for us to ponder.

alanp

These builds are AWESOME.

I found mine to be an absolute ambient monster.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

LaceSensor

Quote from: juansolo on July 04, 2014, 07:55:17 AM
Quote from: LaceSensor on July 03, 2014, 09:11:54 PM

Rather than fault find it, I just stripped it and started again... Could have been the trimmer (had that before), could have been bad OTAs. It shall remain one of life's mysteries for us to ponder.

ah ok, good shout

Ian

pickdropper

That's a great combination of effects.  Given how often you seem to get dragged into building these, maybe you should have 1 or 2 larger PCBs made to cover all four.

Really, really nice.  I'd rock that.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Quote from: pickdropper on July 04, 2014, 01:36:41 PM
That's a great combination of effects.  Given how often you seem to get dragged into building these, maybe you should have 1 or 2 larger PCBs made to cover all four.

Really, really nice.  I'd rock that.

Not a bad idea to be honest. It's such a good combination of effects. They just all marry together so well.

Though I've been having bad ideas about an ultimate fuzz. I felt I didn't go far enough with the Lament Configuration. There was far too much space left in that 1590DD...  I wonder if Thomas/Jason fancy designing an 8 effect selector... Indeed with a relay for the bypass of the 8 on the front, and one for the boost on the back... *rubs chin* I think I can get 9 effects in there no trouble. Plus a board with 10 relays would look both ridiculous and awesome.

cooder

Inspiring awesomeness... :o 8)
BigNoise Amplification

selfdestroyer

Quote from: juansolo on July 03, 2014, 06:35:09 PM
They're 2SC1327. Japanese so they need a leg twist. We get them from this fella http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120687365161

Before we told anyone about them he'd sell them bulk very reasonably. Seems the word got out and now he's not as keen. They make really nice muff trannies those.

Thanks for the info, the datasheets look like they would be fun to play with. Might have to pick up 4 to play with.

Cody

sonarchotic

Great looking build and yaay for Weedeater! I think 'And Justice for Y'all' is my favorite of their album titles. 'God luck and good speed' is pretty good too ;)