News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cupcake swirled compressor

Started by Gledison, July 02, 2014, 06:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hey guys!
After some worldcup holidays i had time to finish the cupcake for a friend.
I have nothing to add that has been already said. It's a smooth compressor which don't affect the tone (IMO) and that can be used as a slight booster!
Really great! It was quite a tight fit and i still suffering with the envirotex to cover the sides of the enclosure! Here a tip: after mixing the resin, leave it rest for 10 min untill it get a higher viscosity! Than shrinking on the edges are minimized!
Here some shots...

And the guts:

Hope u like it! Any critic highly welcome!
gledison
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

m-Kresol

The swirl came out most awesome. Is there a certain reason you used 2 different In/Out Jacks? You could possible safe some room by squeezing them together, but I think it's hard to drill that 100% correct when using closed style jacks. Why did you put the component side down? also space reasons?
The world cup was also using up my time (but it was mostly work the last days). I have to admit, Germany is not my favorite team, but I think they are the most promising bet on the title.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Gledison

Quote from: m-Kresol on July 02, 2014, 07:15:39 PM
The swirl came out most awesome. Is there a certain reason you used 2 different In/Out Jacks? You could possible safe some room by squeezing them together, but I think it's hard to drill that 100% correct when using closed style jacks. Why did you put the component side down? also space reasons?
The world cup was also using up my time (but it was mostly work the last days). I have to admit, Germany is not my favorite team, but I think they are the most promising bet on the title.
Hi there,
Hmmm, first of all, Brasil will win!! ;)
Now back to ur questions.:)
I planned, badly, to use 2 closed jacks. The pcb won't fit! I had to change the output jack for a open one i order to fit the pcb! The components are down because the wiring was taking some extra space. This was the way I could fit! Maybe if I have drilled the pot a bit higher would be better, but somehow a slim fit and working! ;)
How is your work with the envirotex going?
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slimtriggers

That swirl came out great!  I've never been able to do one successfully.

blearyeyes

Looks like a race car!
Really nice.

catfud

selfdestroyer

Man I love you swirl work.. I am not a fan of swirl painting but you seem to pick the right colors and get really cool shapes and patterns that makes me like it... Great job.

Cody

rullywowr

Love that swirl.  Great job dude!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

artstomp

..that red knob looks great on it... ;) ;) ;)

pryde

Quote from: catfud on July 02, 2014, 10:03:21 PM
Great swirl and finish!

That's what I said when I flushed the toilet this morning  :D

Seriously that is a cool pedal. Nice job.

lincolnic

Leevibe