News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy dlx + road rage question

Started by Eddy, July 01, 2014, 07:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

hi

this is my first post here :) on this wonderful forum.

I've built Aquaboy dlx (with mn3008+ mn3101) and powered it with road rage (with LT1054). the output of Road rage gives +15V, but when i connect it to Aquaboy it falls to +14V. My power supply is +9v 1000A. I also tried conncting 12V power supply and the output of Road rage connected to Aquaboy was as it should +15V. So I wonder what did i do wrong and why my 9v power supply with Road rage doesnt give 15V output!?

Has anyone encountered such problem???

Many thanks!
Ed

gitaar0

Hi Eddy,

I have encountered that same problem. Search for my post on this. In the end it was solved with the right combination of the regulator and other components. I forgot what worked for me, but it is in a post. Best is to put this on the breadboard.

Best, marc

Eddy

thnx for your reply!

I've got the same combination of LM78L15 + LT1054 + 1N5817diodes as you mentioned in your post. And still with 9v (1000A) power supply connected to Roadrage+AquaboyDLX the voltage falls to 14V, but when I connect 12V (1000A) power it's 15V.

Ed

gitaar0

I know. I had the same thing, till I found the combo that worked. Apparently the ABDlX draws more current then the roadrage is happy with with certain regulators.....at least that was my conclusion.
Keep trying?

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

Eddy

Scruffie

Quote from: Eddy on July 02, 2014, 09:21:49 AM
Quote from: Scruffie on July 02, 2014, 09:12:51 AM
Are you using R52 or R58?

only r58 is a jumper on my build...
Try shorting R52 and see how you get on.
Works at Lectric-FX