Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Audiophile nuttiness

Started by miter53, June 26, 2014, 04:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesameage

Quote from: pickdropper on June 26, 2014, 02:25:33 PM

Quote from: RobA on June 26, 2014, 01:43:40 PM
I was going with the parody until I clicked on a buy button and it actually took me to PayPal. Still, it's got to be a joke, right? Most of the things look like he saw them on the side of the road and then he made up a marketing story for them.

I did the same thing.

I still think it's a joke, but he doesn't seem to have an issue with taking money from the people he's making fun of.  It doesn't strike me as very ethical, but it doesn't preclude it from being a joke, either.

Who knows if he'd actually accept the payment... the joke doesn't work if it so clearly seems like a joke. The paypal has to work for the joke to work! Otherwise it's too easily dismissed.

pryde

WTF would happen if you taped some of those magic pebbles to a genuine Klon?  :o

Theoretical discussion only, please don't actually try this for the love of God.

icecycle66

Quote from: alanp on June 26, 2014, 04:55:44 AM
The last one makes as much sense to me as the Time Cube guy.

I love Time Cube Guy!

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

PhiloB

Traveling to the TN mountains, pulled off at a Rest Area and found a Gold Mine!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

Quote from: PhiloB on June 26, 2014, 07:06:30 PM
Traveling to the TN mountains, pulled off at a Rest Area and found a Gold Mine!!!!

Where at? /derail
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

davent

There's nuttiness and then there's passion verging on crazy.

(Presented by SavageBean)- check that family tree Brian

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

miter53

Looking more closely at the cryogenically treated Baby Promethean Mini Isolators, it appears they also have the ability to reverse the force of gravity, but it's only a localized effect. If they are the next room, not so much...
"Only sick music makes money today."-Friedrich Nietzsche
My photography website: http://michaelteresko.com/

PhiloB

Jimilee, meeting family in Gatlinburg

jimilee

Quote from: PhiloB on June 26, 2014, 10:11:44 PM
Jimilee, meeting family in Gatlinburg

Cool, I'm in Chattanooga
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PhiloB

It's a beautiful area.

Leevibe

Y'all are making me miss TN. I spent a year at Belmont in Nashville back in the day. I would love to go back for a visit. 

thesameage

I went to summer camp out there on the Cumberland plateau and miss that area.

RobA

Quote from: davent on June 26, 2014, 08:22:20 PM
There's nuttiness and then there's passion verging on crazy.

(Presented by SavageBean)- check that family tree Brian

dave
I think they've gone well past the verge and full on into crazy, but that system is a piece of art.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).