News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Maestrophetamine - Sharkfin build

Started by eldanko, June 25, 2014, 11:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Been on the road a good bit this month, so haven't been building much... I've missed you guys.

I've had this one on my shelf since before I moved to Nashville almost year ago. I remember ordering it the day it came out, but never got around to building it up. When I finally did, I had everything except for the 2MB pot. I found some cheap on eBay... and they were delivered to my old address back in East TN a week later and never forwarded to me.

So... I finally picked up one of those pots in my last SmallBear order and finished the thing.

I love it.

I think I love it enough to sell my MIDI MuRF, as I basically use it for the same purpose. I haven't built an effect in a long time that just felt VINTAGE to me like this thing does. It ticks... it's a little noisy... but it's a charming sort of noise. Almost musical. Funky. Can't explain it, but it's stupidly cool.

No part subs, no issues either... except for me trying to fire it up 3 different times without all of the transistors in place (I was excited).

LEDs are, of course, a nice shimmery meth-y blue.

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

peAk

man, that kicks ass. I love everything about it.

Matt

Great theme and execution!

I miss that show
Matt

wgc

Don't know the show but sweet build
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

midwayfair

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

jrod

lincolnic

That is one slick decal job.

The wiring is nothing to sneeze at, either!

m-Kresol

That looks awesome. nicely executed inside and out
No love for Tantalum though? (elemental symbol Ta)  :P
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

bcalla

hoodoo

True story, i just finished watching the last 3 episodes of Breaking Bad, thought i'd check madbean before i went to bed, BAM, here this is. Great build mate, love the theme, love the show. A bit sad that it's finished really, actually saved a heisenberg image for a future build yesterday.  :)

jimilee

Very nicely executed. I'd love to hear a demo if you have time.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Very nice, Dane.  Nice to see you posting again.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Really nice Dane!

Mine have also been in the project bin since it's first release... never got at ordering the right 470uf caps(size wise)....

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

eldanko

Thanks for the kind words friends! It's fun getting back to building a bit. I hope to have a few more posted in the coming weeks.

Quote from: jimilee on June 27, 2014, 02:29:21 PM
Very nicely executed. I'd love to hear a demo if you have time.

You know, this one's already in someone else's hands. I sort of rushed getting it done, as there's a chance it might end up in the hands of a pretty well-known player. That being said, I was pretty enamored with the thing while I was trying it out, so I'll likely build another for myself pretty soon. I'll post a demo of that one!

Quote from: hoodoo on June 27, 2014, 10:34:48 AM
True story, i just finished watching the last 3 episodes of Breaking Bad, thought i'd check madbean before i went to bed, BAM, here this is. Great build mate, love the theme, love the show. A bit sad that it's finished really, actually saved a heisenberg image for a future build yesterday.  :)

The Heisenberg sketch was one of my favorite images from the whole show. So cool. I've already decided that if I do another BB-themed pedal, it'll likely feature Hector Salamanca and have some reference to that bell that he dings.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense