News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with single sided karate shop

Started by meelertime, June 22, 2014, 09:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meelertime

Required info:
Name - Karate Shop (single sided layout)
Problem - No audio out/low volume at first cap
Steps Taken - Checked for solder bridges, checked parts, hooked up to test unit to check with audio probe, checked incoming voltage with multimeter
Subbed Parts - none

I need to also note that this is my first time etching a board, but I've checked continuity on a few iffy spots and it seems to be ok. So far, I've powered up the device and used my audio probe with the schematic to find a problem spot, which seems to be the first cap.  I'm using a 2n2 cap as suggested in the BOM, and I'm noticing a giant volume drop on the second leg of the cap as shown in the attached image.  It's barely audible at that solder joint. I've never really run into anything like this before and I'm not sure how to proceed. Please let me know if you need more info or voltages.

Also, to specify, the volume drop only occurs at the joint where it's labeled, the other leg is fine.

meelertime

I changed out C1 to make sure it wasn't bad, still the same problem. Anyone have any ideas? I feel like there's an issue either at C1 or R2 since they are both connected.

meelertime

Turns out it was a bad psu. Apparently the Visual Sound One Spot isn't a reliable source of power  :-\