News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Muzzle Loader

Started by chuckbuick, June 20, 2014, 05:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckbuick

This is a BE Musket fuzz done up in SMD.  Lots of knobs and lots of variation.  I haven't played with it too much yet but I'm looking forward to exploring it's possibilities.

lincolnic

Would it be weird if I said that layout reminded me of a satellite view of a city block? Because it does, and that's awesome.

chuckbuick

Quote from: lincolnic on June 20, 2014, 06:08:36 AM
Would it be weird if I said that layout reminded me of a satellite view of a city block? Because it does, and that's awesome.
Not weird at all.  I use the Google Earth library for Eagle ;D

wgc

Only thing missing is a screwy intersection where everyone runs the stop sign. :)

Love it!

Google creeps me out, so I don't think I'll be using that library anytime soon...
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jubal81

Brilliant. Especially impressed with the mechanics - 16mm pots, room for top or side jacks.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

playpunk

"my legend grows" - playpunk

chuckbuick

Thanks guys.
Quote from: wgc on June 20, 2014, 11:50:57 AM
Only thing missing is a screwy intersection where everyone runs the stop sign. :)
Luckily there is one of those about 100 feet from my front door so the mojo is in there.

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on June 20, 2014, 01:27:40 PM
Brilliant. Especially impressed with the mechanics - 16mm pots, room for top or side jacks.

Yeah, that stuck out to me as well.  Very well laid out for practical building.

Great job, Mark.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

chuckbuick

Quote from: pickdropper on June 20, 2014, 05:27:33 PM
Quote from: jubal81 on June 20, 2014, 01:27:40 PM

Yeah, that stuck out to me as well.  Very well laid out for practical building.

Great job, Mark.
Thanks guys.  After all these builds I'm still caught out sometimes by how much time it takes to wire pots.  I try to use board-mounted pots where I can.  As far as top-mounted jacks go, I'm so used to using side mounts that I just don't think to do them up top when I do my graphic layouts.

jtn191

Leevibe

Wow, what a layout! Your SMD skill is showing big time! I really love the exterior too. Sweet graphics and the knobs look great with it. And a knurled nut on the stomp. Classy!

dan.schumaker

You wouldn't have this board available for sale, would you?

juansolo

SMT, it's like some sort of alchemy. Messes with my mind how neat some of you guys do it.  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

stevie1556

That is awesome! How the hell did you make the layout so damn neat?

As above though, if you're selling any boards, gimme a shout!

muddyfox

my take is that using tants instead of electros aids big time in visual acceptance of smd. easier to solder, too. :)
that said, this is all sorts of amazing.