News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Jeez this thing is kind of cool

Started by pryde, June 19, 2014, 05:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haberdasher

i have to agree it sounds pretty wicked.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

kothoma

Quote from: Scruffie on June 19, 2014, 05:25:40 PM
Quote from: kothoma on June 19, 2014, 05:23:12 PM
Bet it's all digital.
It'd be ridiculous if it wasn't :o

Sure, just wanted to calm down expectations for a soon DIY version...

catfud

I had to check the video wasn't posted on april 1st, what a great effect

raulduke

Looks cool.

Anyone who is into guitar synth type tones owes it to themselves to check this out:

http://jamorigin.com/products/midi-guitar/

You can then play whatever synth, organ, violin, cello, peruvian nose flute you want  ;)

I have it and it works perfectly. Being a software program it's more useful in studio/recording scenarios than live though.

raulduke

Quote from: kothoma on June 20, 2014, 09:46:48 AM
Quote from: raulduke on June 20, 2014, 09:16:39 AM
http://jamorigin.com/products/midi-guitar/

Thanks for this link!

Seriously: this software is amazing.

It requires no extra hardware and tracks better than my old Roland GK pickup system I had  :o

Anyone who has a reasonably good soundcard (preferably with guitar/DI in), computer and DAW should be good to go.

sturgeo

I've just had that weird feeling, you know, the one you get when someone has put a v8 in a prius and when they fire it up your brain gets all confused *that doesn't sound like it should* :o

I want one  :)

Govmnt_Lacky

Think there is a chance this is FV-1 based with custom programming? Or, is it some other form of digital logic?

raulduke

Someone mentioned EHX using Black Fin DSP chips earlier, so I would imagine they have stuck with that (very powerful) platform.

Scruffie

Quote from: raulduke on June 20, 2014, 11:13:24 AM
Someone mentioned EHX using Black Fin DSP chips earlier, so I would imagine they have stuck with that (very powerful) platform.
That would be me and is certainly what they were using for their digital pedals, I don't know if that's true of the newer ones, if so then maybe with external RAM (the micro pog actually did it all with the on board impressively).

An FV-1 version of this can be heard in the EQD Organizer... which I thought sounded awful and laggy.

The only EHX product I know of that used the FV-1 was the Holy Stain... and I imagine it IS the only thing they used it in.
Works at Lectric-FX

Micpoc

This is great! Now, your rock power trio can double as a jazz organ trio for double the gigs!  ;D

madbean

I just put in a pre-order with Sweetwater. $220. Been a long time since I bought a commercial pedal new!

juansolo

Loads of people on The Fretboard have ordered them. I'm waiting for the inevitable flipping once the novelty has worn off :)

Do want.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Leevibe

Quote from: alanp on June 19, 2014, 05:32:23 PM
A mate can cop those sounds with his HOG, so my guess is that it uses the same engine.

I'd like to hear Yngwie play through the Cathedral setting :D maybe bring Jens Johansson into it, Duelling Keyboards.

Will the HOG get the click on the attack? I was really appreciating on the B9 how much that adds to the B3 realism.

Leevibe

Quote from: peterc on June 19, 2014, 09:00:33 PM
Brilliant idea, nice sounds.

Notice there was no string bending? Wonder how it would track that?

Needs a Leslie fast/slow switch as well to be really a killer unit........

I'm curious about tracking too, both pitch and volume decay. I'm guessing there's an abrupt cutoff below a threshold. Otherwise, how would the percussion/click work?

Here's the manual if anyone is interested.