News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ghostly Weld Aquaboy Deluxe

Started by timbo_93631, June 19, 2014, 05:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Another ABDLX with dual MN3005's from Treeslayer (thanks Layton!) nice pedal, the modulation is footswitchable and I found the best method to do this was to cut power to the modulation circuit by breaking the connection at the 100k/100k voltage divider.

Etched image is taken from a linocut by Tasmanian artist Andrew Donohoe, neat stuff, look it up!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

alanp

Pretty cool :) MN3005's always add a mojo factor, as does the chunky CC resistor going to the modulation stomp ;) pretty good detective work on that!

Have you got a link to the original image? Because until I saw your note at the bottom I thought it was a Grind Customs inspired finish!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

wgc

Sweeeeet! That etch is killer timbo
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Boba7

Just came accross this build, and I know it was a while ago but I just wanted to say WOW what an amazing build!!! I can't believe my eyes.
(working on an Aquaboy these days, so that's why ;) )
So great, seriously.

selfdestroyer

Man I really miss seeing those CLRs... Great job Tim! Can't wait to see what else your cookin up.

Cody

timbo_93631

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 25, 2017, 10:01:30 PM
Man I really miss seeing those CLRs... Great job Tim! Can't wait to see what else your cookin up.

Cody
Soon Cody, soon!  I need to do some more wedge cut enclosures down the road...
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Stomptown

Quote from: timbo_93631 on February 27, 2017, 09:03:32 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 25, 2017, 10:01:30 PM

Cody
I need to do some more wedge cut enclosures down the road...

Just say no Tim!  Just say no!!!

Philthy

lovely build - is the mod daughter board integral with its footswitch? Where did you get it?

timbo_93631

Quote from: Philthy on February 28, 2017, 12:53:24 AM
lovely build - is the mod daughter board integral with its footswitch? Where did you get it?
That's a 3PRR with a charge pump to run the Aquaboy at 15v.  The modulation switch is the one with the big mojo carbon comp CLR. It giveth extra toanz for the modulates.  Or actually, it just looks cool.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Philthy

Quote from: timbo_93631 on February 28, 2017, 02:10:34 AM
Quote from: Philthy on February 28, 2017, 12:53:24 AM
The modulation switch is the one with the big mojo carbon comp CLR. It giveth extra toanz for the modulates. 
8)