News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MN3005 vs V3205

Started by Muadzin, June 13, 2014, 01:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Quote from: LaceSensor on June 17, 2014, 09:26:48 AM
not sure if its been covered in this thread but a number of high end delays use the v3205 from cool audio
Notably, the EAR 4096 which everyone who hears one seems to enjoy.
I'd wondered what that uses for a long time :)
Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

Quote from: culturejam on June 17, 2014, 03:02:59 AM
Well, I'll say it once more in case somebody ends up doing it:

What I'd most like to see is a 4x BL3208 project (the smaller chip), a la the EHX Memory Toy (and maybe the Carbon Copy has this as well, I can't recall). Doesn't need to be a clone of those or anything, but of all the analog delays I've played, my favorites have have four XX08 chips in them. I think that combo has the clearest (yet still warm and gritty) repeats.

I've had this very thing going for a while...tap tempo even. I just need to get my act together and finish it.

Scruffie

I'd forgot about seeing that project on facebook, should be a nice deluxe memory boy killer  :D
Works at Lectric-FX

culturejam

Quote from: madbean on June 17, 2014, 02:28:15 PM
Quote from: culturejam on June 17, 2014, 03:02:59 AM
Well, I'll say it once more in case somebody ends up doing it:

What I'd most like to see is a 4x BL3208 project (the smaller chip), a la the EHX Memory Toy (and maybe the Carbon Copy has this as well, I can't recall). Doesn't need to be a clone of those or anything, but of all the analog delays I've played, my favorites have have four XX08 chips in them. I think that combo has the clearest (yet still warm and gritty) repeats.

I've had this very thing going for a while...tap tempo even. I just need to get my act together and finish it.

Sweet mother!  :o ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

LaceSensor

Quote from: Scruffie on June 17, 2014, 01:37:37 PM
Quote from: LaceSensor on June 17, 2014, 09:26:48 AM
not sure if its been covered in this thread but a number of high end delays use the v3205 from cool audio
Notably, the EAR 4096 which everyone who hears one seems to enjoy.
I'd wondered what that uses for a long time :)

I always wrongly assumed it was the real deal MN3005 or MN3205
I get the impression albeit I havent seen inside one, that the ToneCzar echoczar uses cool audio / belling.... yikes!

culturejam

Quote from: LaceSensor on June 17, 2014, 03:53:19 PM
I get the impression albeit I havent seen inside one, that the ToneCzar echoczar uses cool audio / belling.... yikes!

Yep. BL3208a (smaller footprint). There were some build with MN3005, but those go for a good bit more than the paltry $800 for a regular one. ;)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

LaceSensor

a friend of mine has one, it seems nice but nothing so special to warrant $800
Spose they are more of a rarity than the Moogerfooger, the newest of which sells for $799 however

jubal81

BL3208s are $5 at Mammoth and seem to sound really great in the Memory Toy.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair