News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzz Righteous

Started by pickdropper, June 12, 2014, 01:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

This is a collaborative effort between me, Forrest and Brian.

We are going to do a side pedal gig called 424 Studios that is going to do circuitboards and small runs of pedals that we feel like doing.  This a beer money type operation, so there won't be a formal business plan or anything like that.  It's the antithesis of what we are working on for Function f(x).  It'll also end being a central repository for the PCBs that Forrest and I release.  It won't affect Madbean Pedals in any way. 

Basically, we are going to do things that are fun and often sort of oddball. 

The first one is a take on a silicon Fuzz Rite.  We added a couple of toggle switches to change between the correct input and output caps and other values that make it a bit more usable (in our opinion).  In fact, we are calling the settings "Vintage/Useful."

The detail of the artwork gets lost a bit in the JPEG compression, but here are pics anyway:

The final pedals won't have all of the silly socketing, but I was still playing around with values when I built this.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

flanagan0718

Greal looking in and out. Love the mini switches on the side. Plenty of room up top but you said F#$% it i want them on the side! ;) good choice!

muddyfox

Is that a 125B or a 1590B?

pickdropper

Quote from: muddyfox on June 12, 2014, 03:18:01 PM

Is that a 125B or a 1590B?

It's a 125B.  For some reason, I rarely ever use 1590B, although it could probably fit in one.

I actually somewhat regret not putting it in a 1590BB.  Totally unnecessary, but more room for the artwork with a bigger box.
Function f(x)

muddyfox

Yeah I thought it looked kinda deep.

Nothing wrong with bigger-than-necessary enclosures, with my quite sizeable feet, I actually prefer the boxes to be as big as reasonably possible. 1590BB is my go-to size right now.

lincolnic

I think this may be the first time Hieronymus Bosch has appeared on a pedal here. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.

pickdropper

Quote from: lincolnic on June 12, 2014, 05:33:48 PM
I think this may be the first time Hieronymus Bosch has appeared on a pedal here. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.

Everybody thinks it's Bosch.  And I mean every single person who knows who Bosch is says that.

It's actually a painter named Pieter Bruegel.

I appreciate Bosch's work, so he will appear on a pedal at some point.  I've long wanted to do a large multi-build with the Garden of Earthly Delights on it.
Function f(x)

Bret608

Dang, I thought it was Bosch too. And that's even considering I've probably actually seen Bruegel's original!

That translucent gold is a classy backdrop for the art...

juansolo

Very nice.

I actually go the other way these days (steady), in that I try to get everything into a Camden Boss '1590B' (it's actually shallower and slightly wider than a 1590B). Mainly because they take up less board and storage space. They seem to be an ideal size for most effects and are still classy looking. 1590BBs just take up too much space and for some reason, I rarely use 125Bs.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

wgc

1590a or bust.   ;)

Awesome looking build though, cool project!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

selfdestroyer

I saw your new post in the shark tank at ilovefuzz for 424 Studios and was going to ask you about it.. Can't wait to see what you guys put out. I am really digging the odd ball layouts lately. Did a great job on this and I love how everything lines up in the 125B. I am thinking of moving to 125B's for my board. Top mounted jacks for the win.

Cody

peAk

Oh my, these graphics are really cool and the inside is gorgeous

How do you do your graphics? Screenprint, Waterslide, Adhesive Decal, ....?

micromegas

You have fuzz and I have the right trannies. Let it roll!!
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

pickdropper

Quote from: peAk on June 12, 2014, 10:07:04 PM
Oh my, these graphics are really cool and the inside is gorgeous

How do you do your graphics? Screenprint, Waterslide, Adhesive Decal, ....?

These were done with the UV printing process at Pedal Parts Plus.  I've used them a few times and been mostly impressed.  I'm still tweaking the artwork to work best with their process.
Function f(x)

lincolnic

Quote from: pickdropper on June 12, 2014, 06:22:14 PM

Quote from: lincolnic on June 12, 2014, 05:33:48 PM

Everybody thinks it's Bosch.  And I mean every single person who knows who Bosch is says that.

It's actually a painter named Pieter Bruegel.

I appreciate Bosch's work, so he will appear on a pedal at some point.  I've long wanted to do a large multi-build with the Garden of Earthly Delights on it.

Damn, I forgot about Bruegel...it's been a long time since I took art history!