News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Electric Distress (Current Lover)

Started by peAk, June 11, 2014, 11:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

So finally finished this one up today. I don't normally "clone" graphics but there is something about the 70's EH Electric Mistress that is just sexy to me. That added to the fact that David was selling these great slanted enclosures on here (this one being the mid size one), made me want to keep it close to the original.

I will probably eventually switch the knobs because I don't like how high they sit. I could maybe stick a washer or nut on the inside to bring the height down. Any ideas would be appreciated and/or other knob ideas.

Love the pedal. Can't help but bust out playing The Cure's "A Forest" as soon as I got it going.

Also, the top view photo kind of does a fisheye deal making it look like the knob graphics aren't centered but they are.

***Just wanted to add that this is my 15th build and my six month building anniversary! ....oh what a fun addiction!

CarpathiART

What a great looking build! Looks like it could be from the 70´s.. in a good way! Clean too. Very appealing to my taste!

Leevibe

Beautiful job Justin! Your natural talent is showing. Tolexed sides is a good call on this one. Love it.

wgc

Looks great, can't wait to see what you do in the next six!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

The tolex on the sides is a really classy touch! Nice build.

hoodoo

Great name, and that enclosure is perfect for this one, very cool.  :)

muddyfox

yo can try cutting off pot shafts. that's what i usually do because most of the time, with 'texed enclosures there's not that much thread left... much easier to do on tayda knurled split shafts, too 😄

muddyfox

deleted duplicate post (prolly due to forum problems)

bcalla

This is beautiful, I like everything about it.

Quote from: peAk on June 11, 2014, 11:00:08 PM
***Just wanted to add that this is my 15th build and my six month building anniversary! ....oh what a fun addiction!

Your pace is astounding.  I have 1 completed this year, and about 5 in progress.

MarcFive

selfdestroyer

Hard to believe this is a new build.. looks so much like a closet kept vintage model. Great job and congratz on the anniversary.

Cody

murdog47

peAk

Thanks for the compliments ,guys!

Quote from: muddyfox on June 12, 2014, 10:28:44 AM
yo can try cutting off pot shafts. that's what i usually do because most of the time, with 'texed enclosures there's not that much thread left... much easier to do on tayda knurled split shafts, too 😄

I may try that. Cut em with a hacksaw? I think there is a mix of knurled shafts with smooth shafts. I was hoping maybe I could find the same style knobs maybe just a little bigger. ...?

Quote from: bcalla on June 12, 2014, 07:26:12 PM
This is beautiful, I like everything about it.

Quote from: peAk on June 11, 2014, 11:00:08 PM

Your pace is astounding.  I have 1 completed this year, and about 5 in progress.

I decided a few weeks ago that I wasn't going to start building another circuit until I finished (boxed) every finish circuit I had already completed. I have three more that I am boxing up this week and then I will be caught up.  I felt like I was falling into a hole and it was getting deeper and deeper.

Quote from: murdog47 on June 12, 2014, 09:05:46 PM
How'd you do the graphics?

The graphics are waterslide. I found the highest resolution 70's electric mistress picture I could find. I converted the font to vector files. I then designed a "d" the best I could to match what I thought a "d" might look like in that font because I don't think that font is available anywhere.

Side note: I have finished two pedals recently and used clear adhesive decal paper (like Juan suggested) instead of waterslide and boy do I like that better. I am having one small issue that I think could be fixed with heating the enclosures up like in Juans tutorial. It's not really bubbles but "spotty" adhesive under the decal.

LaceSensor

DavidGiandiletti

Looks great Justin! I'm glad you put my enclosure to good use!
Folded Steel Enclosures Made in USA - www.effectsenclosures.com