News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bacon Bits "Warm Switch"

Started by macfadyb, June 11, 2014, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macfadyb

Hey guys,

In the process of parting out a Bacon Bits boost board and had a question about the Switch component.

It's listed as an SPST/DT, but all I can find when searching is a momentary footswitch, which doesn't seem right, I would think it would be a toggle switch for that parameter?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Brian

playpunk

You will most likely use a spdt toggle for that part. Where are you ordering the parts from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

macfadyb

Thanks for the reply

I saw those toggles and figured that was the appropriate part (I'm ordering through Mouser), but I'm hesitant to order because it looks like 3 contacts on those SPDT toggles, and yet only two contact points for the switch on the PCB.

gaffled

If you only wire the middle and one outside lug of a spdt it is exactly the same as an spst switch.  I usually buy all spdt switches because you can get better deals if you buy more of one and then you can use as an spst or a spdt.

flanagan0718

Quote from: gaffled on June 30, 2014, 03:13:34 PM
If you only wire the middle and one outside lug of a spdt it is exactly the same as an spst switch.  I usually buy all spdt switches because you can get better deals if you buy more of one and then you can use as an spst or a spdt.
SPST switches usually cost about the same as an SPDT. I usually just order SPDT as well.

madbean

Also, when using an SPDT as an SPST, connect the middle lug to the un-used outside lug. Why? Cause it's pro.