News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NETBD! Mods and Maintenance

Started by GrindCustoms, June 10, 2014, 04:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

New Epic Toilet Box Day!  ;D

Over the last weeks, see months i've been purchasing various items, wich some where bought as money came in... and all shipped at the same ninja location.

So.....

NADD!

New Analog Delay Day, Modded DOD FX96 Echo FX.

Cool delay, really fun to play with, i've maybe spent 15minutes with it so far, it makes a noticeable volume boost when engaged and used in the FX Loop... might try it in another order to see if it still occurs. Otherwise it will be a great one to have in front of an amp, volume boost is less noticeable there.

Since Mouser had bean cleansed of all their SS9013 NPN trannie by another ninja.... we had to find another source. We found it and cleansed it too!

3200 Fuzzy makers!

But yeah... no toilet in the box, sad thing 'cause it seemed to have nice specs...

This is the box filler:

'68 Bassman, A165 revision from what i've seen.

That is all of the clean headroom someone could ask for... the bass channel is the Dooommmmzzz!

It's sitting on top of my good ol' 112 with an 8ohm Eminence SwampThang 150Watt speaker... it handles it pretty well for now.

Have some service to do on it, mainly the Normal volume pot, it leaks and scratch. Cap job have already been made with Spragues. Will post pics of the guts and job made in it once done.

Cheers!

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

lincolnic

That Bassman is a beauty. We have one of those at my studio as well, I wish I could take it home! Looking forward to seeing the guts.

alanp

Ewww, one of those American power connectors that don't seem to have a phase and neutral wire...

More seriously, it looks like today was a VERY good day for you!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jtn191

Nice amp day! A Bassman is truly one of the landmarks of toan. I've yet to play one.

Quote from: alanp on June 10, 2014, 05:00:45 AM
Ewww, one of those American power connectors that don't seem to have a phase and neutral wire...

Haha the differences in world power connections is really interesting to me. I like trivia. And I'm thinking about going to school again to be an electrician.

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys, I've not been able to crank it up yet, can't wait for tomorrow afternoon!

Quote from: jtn191 on June 10, 2014, 05:07:06 AM
Nice amp day! A Bassman is truly one of the landmarks of toan. I've yet to play one.

Quote from: alanp on June 10, 2014, 05:00:45 AM

Haha the differences in world power connections is really interesting to me. I like trivia. And I'm thinking about going to school again to be an electrician.

Changing that to a 3 prong is part of the service to do.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Muadzin

So what's the SS9013 for?

selfdestroyer

Awesome Rej, glad you got yourself a bassman. They are to be cherished. Can you take some pictures of you changing out your power cord? I would like to do the same to mine. My Bassman 135 was changed out the last time i got it serviced. The guy I used to use is no longer accepting work..

Cody

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Muadzin on June 10, 2014, 10:32:22 AM

For whoarding! ;D

Seriously it's a very nice low hfe NPN Si transistor for FuzzFace, Tonebender... well for any circuit that would usuallly use low hfe Ge... and convert it to NPN or simply Si.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on June 10, 2014, 11:09:42 AM
Awesome Rej, glad you got yourself a bassman. They are to be cherished. Can you take some pictures of you changing out your power cord? I would like to do the same to mine. My Bassman 135 was changed out the last time i got it serviced. The guy I used to use is no longer accepting work..

Cody

Hey Cody, that would certainly be possible, some sort of Picstorial... so you know how to get electrified the proper manner..haha!

But yeah, i'll post detailed pictures of the conversion.

I've got to spend more time with it, especially ear bleeding time with it to understand correctly  what i have in front of me.

micromegas

Quote from: GrindCustoms on June 10, 2014, 09:34:43 PM

For whoarding! ;D

Seriously it's a very nice low hfe NPN Si transistor for FuzzFace, Tonebender... well for any circuit that would usuallly use low hfe Ge... and convert it to NPN or simply Si.

I just spotted a 25x pack of SS9013 with free shipping for 4 $ aprox. with free shipping to my home.... is that a good price?
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

GrindCustoms

If they are Fairchilds, it's a good price. Those trannies are really cheap to buy.

Stock on 'em while you can... my THC, hahaha (through hole cleansing) is running quite hard lately.

micromegas

Quote from: GrindCustoms on June 10, 2014, 09:57:55 PM
If they are Fairchilds, it's a good price. Those trannies are really cheap to buy.

Stock on 'em while you can... my THC, hahaha (through hole cleansing) is running quite hard lately.

Fairchilds indeed! stocking right now... :) Thanks Rej!

icecycle66

You're wrong.
That delay pedal has surface mount resistors; this proves that it is digital. The analog chips are probably just in the preamp section.

micromegas

Quote from: icecycle66 on June 10, 2014, 10:09:46 PM
You're wrong.
That delay pedal has surface mount resistors; this proves that it is digital. The analog chips are probably just in the preamp section.

;D  Kudos for anyone who dares to use a MN3005 for silent switching!!  :P

muddyfox

Quote from: micromegas on June 10, 2014, 09:51:19 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on June 10, 2014, 09:34:43 PM

For whoarding! ;D

I just spotted a 25x pack of SS9013 with free shipping for 4 $ aprox. with free shipping to my home.... is that a good price?

gotta link handy?