News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3 Muffs

Started by Kinki fuzz, June 06, 2014, 08:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinki fuzz

You never got enough muff, do you? This is my last run, with 3 very different tastes:

Russian: Built in a JMK Scuba board, I'm loving this one, is so sweet sounding, I was a little surprised at first, because is noticeably less gainy than other versions, but is so musical, has a lot of clarity, I understand now why this version is so well regarded. I'm going to play this one a lot.

Bermuda: Mudbunny board and triangle era circuit. No surprises here, thick, meaty, creamy muff. Must.

IC Muff: JMK's Operational Muff board. This one's a beast, the wildest from them all, it's still surprising that they manage to keep the muff flavor with such a different circuit, but is clearly different from the rest, lots of gain and volume, still a great range available from the tone and sustain knobs.

Also, in my workbench there's a Jumbo tonebender and a Pharaoh almost ready to box. Most people would think there's something wrong with me. I know you guys get my point. Love you.

muddyfox

I've been on the Muff wagon for way too long. You may have just pushed me off it and extended my 2do list another five builds.

Thanks! ;D

Bret608

The bare metal ones with those Davies knobs look great...my all time favorite knobs!  :)

mah62

Quote from: Kinki fuzz on June 06, 2014, 08:10:08 AM
Most people would think there's something wrong with me.

Fuck 'em!

You are not alone in your muff addiction, (no gratuitously smutty pun intended)!
I have spent many evenings browsing Kit Rae's site comparing emitter and collector resistor values while the Mrs watches Corrie!

......er, I can only count 2 :-P

Mark

selfdestroyer

Huge BMP fan here also. Your builds came out great. I get funny looks from people when they see I have Rams head and a OpAmp muff on my board.. They always say, "Do you really need 2 Big Muffs" and I always answer no, my Russian is lent out right now so the magic number is 3 muff pedals. lol

Cody

lincolnic

These look great. I'm guessing the Cyrillic on the Green Russian is just a transliteration of the actual English words?

muddyfox

Seems that way to me...

thesameage

I'm working on a green russian and just built a pharoh from a board I got here. I also have a Bluebeard Muff but can't say I love it. Way too fizzy for my tastes.

Kinki fuzz

Quote from: lincolnic on June 06, 2014, 05:22:47 PM
These look great. I'm guessing the Cyrillic on the Green Russian is just a transliteration of the actual English words?
Yep, found a font for that and thought was funny!

gtr2

That's a nice set!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jtn191

Every guitarist needs a couple muffs!