News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EHX microsynth squarewave fuzz (or suggest another squarewave fuzz)

Started by the3secondrule, June 06, 2014, 06:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

Hmmm. I think I'm going to try and build this as per the schem I have now. If I'm only using one half of of the OTA, I might as well go with a 3080 instead? Still in production, and cheaper than a 3094. Aside from the different pinout, is a 3080 a direct sub for half a 13600?
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Scruffie

No it lacks the output buffer darlington, you need to add that in.
Works at Lectric-FX

twin1965

Yes. But it tends to be noisier.

You could do this and compare:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-P7jqffl_ejk/UHVUB0pXl-I/AAAAAAAAC-k/p2HwRW-52S0/s1600/LM13700+Daughterboard.png

13700 and 13600 basically the same.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

the3secondrule

Quote from: Scruffie on June 09, 2014, 11:39:03 AM
No it lacks the output buffer darlington, you need to add that in.

Ah ok. Would I need to do anything with the unused half of the 13600? I saw a thread reccomending connecting unused opamp to ground to stabilise them. Would I need to do something similar?

Scruffie

Hmm, as far as I remember, you don't need to do anything special but you can ground the current input... but you might want to do a bit of research as i'm not certain.
Works at Lectric-FX

the3secondrule

just working on a layout for this one, and I had a bit of an idea...

I assume the squarewave signal will need some sort of filtering / tone control. i was thinking about having a couple of pads for send / return after the OTA. would most likely leave them jumpered, but it would mean I could send the square wave to a graphic EQ for some tone shaping. Any thoughts on whether this would be best going before or after the level pot for the squarewave signal?

thesameage

the3secondrule

the3secondrule

Ordered. Once this is verified I'll have a couple of spares if anyone's interested ;)

GrindCustoms

Quote from: the3secondrule on June 16, 2014, 10:20:46 PM
Ordered. Once this is verified I'll have a couple of spares if anyone's interested ;)

I'm still in! :D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

lars

If you successfully figured this one out, I'll be in for one too! I have a microsynth, but only use it for the squarewave and octave features. It's the Siamese Dream sound in a box :).

the3secondrule

Sweet. Depending on interest, I might look at getting a small run of boards done (assuming the proto's work)

Rej, you'll be pleased to know my next board will be the AD9. Will start on the schem tonight...

kothoma

lincolnic