News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NADWD!

Started by GrindCustoms, June 06, 2014, 02:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

New Analog Delay Whoreness Day!  ;D

I had a Shine-Ei FuzzCompanion that was seeing no use, simply because it sounded like shit to me.  :o

Collecting vintage pedals is fun but it must be something that i use or dig, so i put an add on TGP selling couple pedals and got messaged by a guy who wanted the ShineEi and had some interesting stuff to trade, but most not working, wich was less entertaining because i suck at trouble shooting... though i've started to enjoy it since i've got the DOD690 Chorus working.

So i got that Ibanez AD9 with some money against the Fuzz.

Cool thing is that it looks like i did the finish on it!  ;D

Obligatory gut shot.

I think this one is from the early production because it uses the Maxon board. I'll check the date code on some hardware to verify that aswell.

It sounds absolutely fantastic, the quality of the repeats and character they have is the best i've heard yet. When i knew that i was getting it, i started to think that it might win the privilege spot of being the always ON delay on my board, currently occuped by the Maxon AD999.

Family shot of the whoreness, AD999-DMM(AquaBox DLX)-Aquapuss clone (built by Morgan, rehoused by me and swapped the MN3005 for a MN3008, like it better like that)-AD9.

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

the3secondrule

I posted on Facebook as well, I love these delays. I've got one in similar condition that I love. Absolutely my favourite delay!

If it wasn't for those pesky mn3205s being do hard to track down, I'd suggest this as a contender for cloning...
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

GrindCustoms

Quote from: the3secondrule on June 06, 2014, 03:08:39 AM
I posted on Facebook as well, I love these delays. I've got one in similar condition that I love. Absolutely my favourite delay!

If it wasn't for those pesky mn3205s being do hard to track down, I'd suggest this as a contender for cloning...

I really want to try a V3205 in there and hear it, CJ brought an interesting point on BYOC. If it's «yay».... it would indeed be a nice one to clone :D

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

the3secondrule

Quote from: GrindCustoms on June 06, 2014, 03:24:42 AM

Good point! I have a v3205 kicking around actually - I'll try it and report back!

I really want to try a V3205 in there and hear it, CJ brought an interesting point on BYOC. If it's «yay».... it would indeed be a nice one to clone :D

GrindCustoms

Quote from: the3secondrule on June 06, 2014, 06:54:21 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on June 06, 2014, 03:24:42 AM

Good point! I have a v3205 kicking around actually - I'll try it and report back!

Badass! :D

And as per the NEC compander production code, this pedal was made in 1982.

Leevibe

Nice score, and it does look like you did the finish!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Leevibe on June 06, 2014, 03:40:45 PM
+1

Awesome pick up.

Cody

GrindCustoms

Quote from: selfdestroyer on June 06, 2014, 03:47:19 PM
Quote from: Leevibe on June 06, 2014, 03:40:45 PM
+1

Awesome pick up.

Cody

Thanks guys, i think i could have 5 of these on my board... i might play a bit with the clock to see if i can get longer delay time out of it with not much alteration to the repeat quality.

I've spent a bit of time on it today comparing it to the AD999 and the only thing that keeps it of winning the favored spot is that i can't dial the same time length on the AD9 compared to AD999... other than that, it wins hands down.

Can't wait to hear some news from Jer about the use of V3205 in it, i'll have some coming in shortly.... but i have to know!!! ;D

the3secondrule

Dropped in the v3205,and it immediately sounds pretty good with no biasing.
I'm going to leave it in there for now, and take it to band practise to give it a good work out, but it's looking good for cloning.

I might try whipping up a layout for this at some point. want to knock out the EHX fuzzbeast first...

GrindCustoms

Quote from: the3secondrule on June 08, 2014, 12:16:19 AM
Dropped in the v3205,and it immediately sounds pretty good with no biasing.
I'm going to leave it in there for now, and take it to band practise to give it a good work out, but it's looking good for cloning.

I might try whipping up a layout for this at some point. want to knock out the EHX fuzzbeast first...

WIN!

Let me know how you want to work that, i'd be really happy to give you a hand.... a little CanadOz collab could be cool :D

the3secondrule

Sweet!

I'd definitely be keen on a little collab. first step, entering the schem  8)