News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What in the blue hell.....

Started by GermanCdn, June 05, 2014, 06:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

So I PVR'd the CMT awards last night, as I was curious to see the Lzzy Hale/Eric Church performance (where she absolutely slayed him, one of the two is used to lip synching, and it's not the one in the six inch stillettos).

So I'm FF through the show, and ZZ Top comes on.  Now this has potential right?  Have Brad Paisley or Keith Urban come out and this could be a gearhead dream come true.  Nope.  Milli Vanilli Florida Georgia Line comes out and craps the stage, then some R&B dude comes out with Luke Bryan and they further crap the stage, then they bring Dusty and Billy back out and make them join the circus.

Seriously CMT, fusing groups together is actually a good idea when there is a cohesive factor within them, or where one can definitely benefit from the abilities of the other.  But don't disgrace rock and roll royalty for the sake of an eight minute segment.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

chordball

That sounds atrocious. There are actually a couple of the CMT "Crossroads" series match-ups that I think work really well together, namely the one where they pair Vince Gill with Sting. It's worth a watch.

http://www.cmt.com/show/cmt_crossroads/video.jhtml

GermanCdn

i really like the Crossroads series from what I've seen.  The Taylor Swift/Def Leppard one was oddly good, not because they specifically made a good combo, but moreso because it was interesting to see Taylor being backed by band who understood what it means to be a band, not a bunch of road session musicians.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Jmilla

Billy gibbons is my guitar idol and a rediculously cool guy. I you tubed this and my jaw dropped at how crappy this was. It's pretty sad when a country show's highlights are rock and roll musicians who blow everyone else out of the water. At least feature some one guitar centric like paisley, gill, Brent mason or the countless other country shredders that are credible.