Main Menu

This is pretty interesting

Started by timbo_93631, June 05, 2014, 04:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

lincolnic

I gotta say...that wiring looks messier than mine, and my wiring isn't particularly great by any stretch.

alanp

Someone's been knocking back the "Gonzo caps SOUND better!" cool aid.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

I really hope someone just thought they could put JHS name on it to make more money... cause if not.. here we go again.

Cody

jkokura

That's likely a build from a long time ago, before he was building regularly. Probably a one-off he made, and those PCBs were pretty easy to come by once upon a time. Looks like an FSB Group Buy PCB to me.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

midwayfair

JHS claims they've never signed a pedal in sharpie, and the seller has carefully hidden the picture to avoid showing where the signature would be.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showpost.php?p=17963487&postcount=8

Also, there's no sticker, or otherwise identifying information. Even if JHS hadn't put one on the first time around, the seller claims that they "just sent it to JHS to give it a once over" and they damn sure would have put a sticker on it when they sent it back.

I also sincerely doubt that he would have said "aqua puss clone." He would have called it a clone of the boss pedal that the aquapuss was based on.

And now I might sound like a bit of a jerk for saying this, but: if it were almost any other company whose name was being inappropriately appropriated, I would probably report the ad, or at least contact the seller or the company.

EDIT: However, the age of the PCB has me thinking that I might be very wrong on this. I thought it was one of the more recent releases of the red PCB.

madbean

Don't know if Josh built it or not, but he was a customer around that time. This was probably 2009-10?

atreidesheir

well great.  you guys caused him to delete any gutshots. 

He was trolling @FSB at that time too.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman