News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone used Tayda's Express Shipping??

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, June 04, 2014, 05:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

I just placed an order about 15 minutes ago and for an experiment.... I chose the DHL Express shipping  :o

I am interested in how much faster it will arrive. Does anyone have any experience?  :)

juansolo

Just did it about a week ago, arrived yesterday! Compared to the 5-6 weeks it's been taking lately, it's a bit of a refreshing change.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Govmnt_Lacky

I am asking because the website advertises 2-4 days for the option and at more than 2x the price of the mid-level shipping. Normally I use the mid-level option and it gets to me in about 6-7 business days.

I am one of those old fashioned people who believe in getting what I pay for. If they say 2-4 days.... I expect no more than 4 days.  8)

Thanks for the input Juan..... Has anyone in CONUS used this option?

EDIT: Lucky post #777

GermanCdn

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 04, 2014, 05:24:47 PM
I just placed an order about 15 minutes ago and for an experiment.... I chose the DHL Express shipping  :o

I am interested in how much faster it will arrive. Does anyone have any experience?  :)

WHAT?  You placed an order without a new Tayda code (pretty sure Nutella expired on Saturday right?)?  Guessing I should check FB for a new code in 3, 2, 1......

But in all seriousness, I think the general consensus is less than a week on the express, so it's a good value if you need it quick.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: GermanCdn on June 04, 2014, 05:48:29 PM
WHAT?  You placed an order without a new Tayda code (pretty sure Nutella expired on Saturday right?)?

I used a code  ;) IT was only 10% off of merchandise price though  :-X

Well... like I said above. The site said 2-4 days  ::)

tunatuk

I did it once.  I was getting tayda shipments in 6 days, regular old post. Did dhl, and the driver claimed he couldn't find my house for 4 days, even though after the first day I called and gave directions that were spot on, and a blind man could follow them.

Tayda did their part, but dhl screwed up big time. Ended up taking 8 days. They offered me a $30 credit for any future shipments, but I told them no thanks since they obviously didn't have their shit together enough to find any house to begin with.

Moral of the story...I hate dhl.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: tunatuk on June 04, 2014, 06:38:18 PM
I did it once.  I was getting tayda shipments in 6 days, regular old post. Did dhl, and the driver claimed he couldn't find my house for 4 days, even though after the first day I called and gave directions that were spot on, and a blind man could follow them.

Tayda did their part, but dhl screwed up big time. Ended up taking 8 days. They offered me a $30 credit for any future shipments, but I told them no thanks since they obviously didn't have their shit together enough to find any house to begin with.

Moral of the story...I hate dhl.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks for the confidence booster!  :-\

juansolo

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 04, 2014, 05:46:28 PM
I am asking because the website advertises 2-4 days for the option and at more than 2x the price of the mid-level shipping. Normally I use the mid-level option and it gets to me in about 6-7 business days.

I am one of those old fashioned people who believe in getting what I pay for. If they say 2-4 days.... I expect no more than 4 days.  8)

Thanks for the input Juan..... Has anyone in CONUS used this option?

EDIT: Lucky post #777

To be fair it was 2-4 days. The extra can be accounted for with customs. It was in the UK though within 4 days.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

atreidesheir

I used 2 day DHL twice and it arrived in 2 days both times.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

chromesphere

Say what I may about their component quality, their express service is amazingly fast! 
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

alanp

My experience with any shipping is that the amount of time Customs want to hang onto your parcel is inverse to the amount of silver you cross the courier's palm with.

Maybe they have a kickback thing going.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

sturgeo

A question for you UK guys, if you choose the express shipping do you get stung by import tax or handling fees?
I've always used the regular shipping and never had to pay anything, max order has always been less than £100 though.

blearyeyes

I believe that DHL are a bunch of privately owned franchises... I have had very bad luck here in California. I just use the cheap postal service.. If you want something fast use a better supplier closer to you JUSTMYHO.

sturgeo

The problem is i can't find anyone in the UK who sells right angle PCB mount pots, there are a few in Europe but again there is the import tax and "handling fees" issue.

I might look at whats involved with buying these in bulk and selling them, i can't be the only person in the UK who wants these pots without having to wait a few weeks and risk import fees.

jmwreck

I used DHL option since I need most of my stuffs urgently, item will arrive a day after I order which is usually in the morning. I don't order on Fridays coz I have experienced it and the items will arrive on Tuesday next week.

www.facebook.com/wreckzalpedals