News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Capacitor substitute

Started by scotheath, June 04, 2014, 04:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotheath

While I'm waiting on the parts for my zero point DD I've started another project and again wound up with wrong cap, diagram calls for a 330 pf cap. I received 10 33 pf caps instead but do have some 220 pf caps around. Can I use those ? If so what difference will the lower value cap have. Just out of curiosity can I use say a 220 and a 120  run in parallel to get the 330 ? Sorry I'm new to this kinda stuff but have defiantly caught the bug

oldhousescott

Depends on its position in the circuit. Regardless, yes, you can parallel a 220p and 120p to get a 340p, close enough for government work.

Gledison

Quote from: scotheath on June 04, 2014, 04:49:22 PM
While I'm waiting on the parts for my zero point DD I've started another project and again wound up with wrong cap, diagram calls for a 330 pf cap. I received 10 33 pf caps instead but do have some 220 pf caps around. Can I use those ? If so what difference will the lower value cap have. Just out of curiosity can I use say a 220 and a 120  run in parallel to get the 330 ? Sorry I'm new to this kinda stuff but have defiantly caught the bug
Hi there,
If u want a couple of 330pF i can sen it to u! Just PM ur address!
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

scotheath

thanks, ive got a couple 220pfs and 100pfs I will try out  if doesn't work out I will definitely hit you up, thanks again