News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SPDT on/on with 6 lugs as substitute for on/off SPST

Started by Gledison, June 02, 2014, 09:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hey guys,
just reading the notes of the Retrograde and there is an example using an SPDT (on/on) instead of an on/off.
i have a DPDT on/on . could i also somehow use it? i understand the the 2 rows of 3 lugs are isolated from each other, just not sure if i could use only one row as a spdt..
sorry if its a stupid idea...:P
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

GermanCdn

Yes you can do exactly what you're looking to do with a DPDT.  If you want it to be on/on, use on row of three lugs, if you want it on/off, just use the center and one outside lug of one row.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Gledison

Quote from: GermanCdn on June 02, 2014, 09:57:28 PM
Yes you can do exactly what you're looking to do with a DPDT.  If you want it to be on/on, use on row of three lugs, if you want it on/off, just use the center and one outside lug of one row.
Thanks man!
No need to connect 2 of them together?
Cheers

m-Kresol

nope. SPDT is like this: the middle position is either connected to the upper or lower one of the lugs (i guess, you knew that). A SPST is just 2 lugs either connected or not (closed vs. open). If you just connect centre and 1 of the outer lugs on a SPDT the left lug is unconnected which basically is the same as an open SPST.

DPDT is the again like a SPST but two rows which are switched at the same time. just leave one column off and your good.
hope that helps.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Gledison

Great!
Thanks a lot! I get confused with all the switches possibilities!

m-Kresol

Glad to help. It's good to be the guy to answer instead to ask :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Gledison

Quote from: m-Kresol on June 04, 2014, 06:44:38 PM
Glad to help. It's good to be the guy to answer instead to ask :)
Heheh! I still dont have this feeling! First that i dont know much and second the guys are pretty quick in answering!