News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point DD

Started by scotheath, June 02, 2014, 03:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotheath

Need a little help w/ a zero point DD build. mostly finished last night and went to rock it before i box it, as they say, and as soon as I plugged in guitar cables pedsal started... not sure. My first thoughts were it was osculating, amp wasnt even on but could hear the pedal making the noise. After reading through the forum  maybe its clipping and i need to change out 1 of the pots to a A50k? any help would be great
Thanks
Scot

Matt

Can you post some pics of the build?
Matt

scotheath

I have just discovered that I received the wrong regulator for this build instead of the 78L05 I received a 78L33. I have discovered that if I turn the delay pot down all the way the high pitch tone stops. turn just a bit and it comes back. only my 4th pedal build the other 3 were OD and Dist,

Morgan

Won't work without that 5v reg. Those PT2399 chips need that regulated 5v feed  to work.
Moderator at BYOC, still sometimes futz around with Leila Vintage Electronics.

Old Blog...

scotheath

so would that be causing the high pitch squeal im getting ?

Morgan

I actually haven't over-volted them like that, but I know that under-volting them, like when a battery starts to die and drops below about 7 volts, will do all kinds of weird stuff to them, including throwing them into constant oscillation.
Moderator at BYOC, still sometimes futz around with Leila Vintage Electronics.

Old Blog...

scotheath

Thanks for the help, I have already ordered the correct regulator from Tayda, along with a bunch of other stuff I don't really need :)