News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What else do I need from Mouser?

Started by peAk, June 02, 2014, 03:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

I have to put an order in today but I am just at $22 before shipping.

I would like to be at least in the $30-40 range to make the $7.99 shipping not as bad.

Don't need any knobs, jacks, switches, pots, enclosures, resistors....

Ideas?

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Droogie

1/8 watt resistors? Most other suppliers don't carry them...
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

selfdestroyer

RobA

Solder, flux, flux pens, any JRC parts (Mouser is the only big supplier that carries them in the US), silver mica caps, cool polystyrene caps. Even though you said no enclosures, you know you need a couple of the Hammond stop sign enclosures :D.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

peAk

I am good on 1/8 watt resistors as well as LED mounts

Does Mouser have any good wire? I normally use Smallbear's but I would try some wire if they have any good wire

peAk

Quote from: RobA on June 02, 2014, 04:18:35 PM
Solder, flux, flux pens, any JRC parts (Mouser is the only big supplier that carries them in the US), silver mica caps, cool polystyrene caps. Even though you said no enclosures, you know you need a couple of the Hammond stop sign enclosures :D.

Would you believe that I have two unused (about to be used though) octagon ensclosures that I got from there?

Flux pen...hmm? Excuse my ignorance here but what do you use that for? I don't know a lot about flux

flanagan0718

Sockets are usually a safe throw in.

peAk

das234

I have some harder to find items on my Mouser list.   2nf film caps, 15uf electros, 392k and 422k resistors, 2.2uf non-polar electros, 390pf multi-layer caps, 1k1 resistors, H11F1 (and now some LED lenses thanks to Cody).

Blues Healer

I agree with sockets.

also, solder tips & desolder braid
"music heals"

pickdropper

Caps.  Much better quality than Tayda.  Much better prices than the small pedal shops.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

RobA

Quote from: peAk on June 02, 2014, 04:22:30 PM
Quote from: RobA on June 02, 2014, 04:18:35 PM

Would you believe that I have two unused (about to be used though) octagon ensclosures that I got from there?

Flux pen...hmm? Excuse my ignorance here but what do you use that for? I don't know a lot about flux
I have two of them sitting there waiting for just the right effect too.

Flux pens are really useful for when you inevitably end up working on soldering SMD parts.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

pickdropper

Yep, totally agree with Rob.  Flux pens are wonderful.  I recommend the Kester 186.

While you're at it, a pair of Erem $4 tweezers would be useful too.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper