News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

something weird, I can't explain

Started by jfk1063, June 01, 2014, 05:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfk1063

Hi,
I had the weirdest thing at a gig yesterday.
I plugged everything in and the clean signal was fine, but when turning on any pedal on my pedalboard the volume dropped dramaticly.
(signal is: buffer, autowah, tuner, tschula, truebypass bluesdriver, klon, analog delay).
After disconnecting the delay it worked again and later with the delay back in the chain it worked fine too.
What can this be?  Turning on any pedal made the volume drop!
Now the pedalboard is working fine and I cannot find any hint on what this phenomonon  could be.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
John

jkokura

Potentially a grounding issue. Sounds similar to an issue I had once thy came back to that.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gordo

+1 on the grounding issue and you'll likely find if you wiggle your cables you'll reproduce it.  I find this happens more with solderless plugs than with soldered. Soldered usually either work or they don't where as solderless can sometimes be a bit "grey".  I still use them though...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jfk1063

Thanks!
All patchcables are soldered, but I will check them (hicon and Klotz).
I think I'll also replace the jacks in the delay-pedal for switchcraft.
Btw when turning on the delay the volume didn't drop, but became shrill if I remember correctly.
I haven't been able to reproduce it yet here at home. I was playing over a rental amp. Can it be that that input was loose maybe?
Thanks, John