News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TL022 Substitute?

Started by peAk, May 31, 2014, 03:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

So I was finishing up my Flying Pan build and I noticed that the 5 ICs it calls out for are TL022.

I purchased the components for this build months back and I believe I ordered substitutes for these per Steve's (Smallbear) advice. Now I just can't remember what they were.

Would it have been TL072, 3080 or 4558? Possibly something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Govmnt_Lacky

TL062 would be the ideal candidate for a sub.

They still make TL022s I believe so you can probably get them.

The TL072s "should" work.  ;)

peAk

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 31, 2014, 03:55:21 PM
TL062 would be the ideal candidate for a sub.

They still make TL022s I believe so you can probably get them.

The TL072s "should" work.  ;)

I just wanted to fire it up today  :'(

Govmnt_Lacky

You can use the 072s. It will probably work just fine. I meant to say that they are not the closest sub but, they should be close enough for this project.

peAk

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 31, 2014, 04:04:48 PM
You can use the 072s. It will probably work just fine. I meant to say that they are not the closest sub but, they should be close enough for this project.

no, I appreciate the help. I only have 1 TL062.

I have many of the others I mentioned. I might try the TL072.

What's the worst that can happen? Just not work or not work right?

Govmnt_Lacky

I don't think you are in danger of it not working at all with the 072s. That being said, I am not familiar with the Flying Pan but, if it has an LFO section, then the 072 may not work as it is not a low-current dual op amp.

If it does have an LFO section AND the 072s do not work there, you could try swapping just the LFO amp with a 062 or even an LM358.

davent

Mouser has ~3600 in stock, you'd no doubt get them pretty quick. http://octopart.com/partsearch#!?q=tl022

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

peAk

Thanks for the help guys

I am going to go ahead and grab some from mouser like you mentioned. I tested the circuit with TL072 and the 4558 and everything works but the phaser portion wasn't phasing quite right no matter how I adjusted the trims. It had phase, just not right. The tremolo portion worked fine.

Mouser gets to me in a day so it's not a huge deal.

again, thanks for the help!