News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PJ Tickets! So Stoked.

Started by pryde, May 30, 2014, 07:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Picked up a couple Pearl Jam tickets for Oct 3rd in St. Louis. Best part is the seats are near side-stage lower-bowl. Fantastic. Going to surprise the wifey tonight.

I seen these guys 20 years ago in the early 90's grunge-craze. I was young and in a chemically-induced stupor  ;). I am going to actually enjoy the music this time.

juansolo

Gutted, I thought PJ Harvey was touring there for a second  :'(
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

peAk

Quote from: juansolo on May 30, 2014, 07:47:50 PM

that's exactly what I thought!

muddyfox

pryde

Quote from: juansolo on May 30, 2014, 07:47:50 PM

I would gladly see her as wellv :)

pickdropper

Quote from: pryde on May 30, 2014, 07:29:40 PM
Picked up a couple Pearl Jam tickets for Oct 3rd in St. Louis. Best part is the seats are near side-stage lower-bowl. Fantastic. Going to surprise the wifey tonight.

I seen these guys 20 years ago in the early 90's grunge-craze. I was young and in a chemically-induced stupor  ;). I am going to actually enjoy the music this time.

I may have been at the same show.  Was it Lollapalooza at Alpine Valley?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pryde

Quote from: pickdropper on May 30, 2014, 08:10:00 PM

YES!
Early 90's I think 92 or 93 Alpine Valley. Seen a lot of good shows there actually many years ago.

pickdropper

That was a fantastic show.  Just in case you don't remember.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jkokura

Nobody is better than Vedder. Pearl Jam is my favrit.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pryde

Quote from: jkokura on May 30, 2014, 09:31:57 PM
Nobody is better than Vedder. Pearl Jam is my favrit.

Jacob

I am really looking forward to seeing an older, matured Pearl Jam. World-class band, should be a great show.

Morgan

Quote from: pryde on May 30, 2014, 08:29:01 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on May 30, 2014, 08:10:00 PM

YES!
Early 90's I think 92 or 93 Alpine Valley. Seen a lot of good shows there actually many years ago.
Ha! Last time I saw them was the same Lollapalooza tour in LA!

I'm jealous! To each his own of course, but I think that band has gotten better with age. Didn't really bond with the second-to-last album, Backspacer, but I could listen to their middle six albums pretty regularly. I have a fairly recent live DVD of them, good stuff! Like I said, jealous... ;D
Moderator at BYOC, still sometimes futz around with Leila Vintage Electronics.

Old Blog...

culturejam

Aww man, that's awesome. Tots jealous. I'd love to see Pearl Jam. If possible, it seems like they are even tighter now than when then when the did the Ten tour.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

peAk

I saw, met, and partied with them right before Alive broke big.

It was small venue here in Houston called The Vatican which is no longer around. 1000 people at most.

They were super cool and totally down to earth.

All that being said, haven't followed their later stuff.

PhiloB

Saw the same Lollapalooza tour in Raleigh, NC.  Unfortunately, don't remember much.  That's awesome your going to see them!

Stomptown

I saw them back during the grunge era myself (and a couple times since). The first time was in a small 800 person capacity theatre. Greatest memory of my youth! Made me want to be a musician. I met Eddie, Jeff and Dave at the back entrance after the show and got their autographs on a piece of paper I found in the alley. What a great memory. After that night I dreamed of playing that theatre someday and I did - three times! The band went nowhere but  it felt amazing to stand on stage in a place that meant so much to me. Oh, and I saw them a year later at a huge festival ala lalapalooza but that one is extremely hazy! All I remember is leaving shirtless, shoeless, sunburn and stoned to the bone  :P