News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sharkfin - Sub Internal Trimpots for Regular, External Pots?

Started by Jmkrull, May 30, 2014, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmkrull

Hey,

So, I got the Sharkfin to work on first boot

(Pretty bitchin' as I've tried two Tonepad boards and I could never get them going. If you're thinking about this pedal, the Madbean one is the way to go!)

Anyway, the internal trimmers can do some really cool stuff, to the point where it would be nice to have the ability to change the settings more readily instead of opening up the enclosure every time. Can I just sub out a 100k and 10k Linear pot for the internal Cermet trimmers, or is this not possible?

Thanks,
John

GermanCdn

Yes you can do that no problem, just match up your lugs to the corresponding pads on the board.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

peAk

Quote from: Jmkrull on May 30, 2014, 03:39:54 PM
Hey,

So, I got the Sharkfin to work on first boot

(Pretty bitchin' as I've tried two Tonepad boards and I could never get them going. If you're thinking about this pedal, the Madbean one is the way to go!)

Anyway, the internal trimmers can do some really cool stuff, to the point where it would be nice to have the ability to change the settings more readily instead of opening up the enclosure every time. Can I just sub out a 100k and 10k Linear pot for the internal Cermet trimmers, or is this not possible?

Thanks,
John

I agree and this was a mod I wish I would have done. Maybe on the next one.....