News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Unicorn Breath/Angel(2)/Spock's Harp/Le Grand Bleu/OD820

Started by juansolo, May 25, 2014, 06:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Unicorn Breath
Have a unicorn breathe rainbows on your signal and restore it's sparkle with Josh at 1776 Effects' Unicorn Breath buffer. Made from the same unicorn tears as the buffer in the mythical klon!

Angel(2)
I built a pedal very similar to this for Martin, who then put it up for sale for too little money. So I bought it back and sold my Cyber Girl. Then he decided that he loves the CE-2 again and buys it back and I'm left CE-2less. So this is my replacement. Bah! ;)

Spock's Harp
A Small Stone clone built on Haberdasher's Space Harp PCB. I've called it Spock's Harp as that's the decal it would have had if I'd a plain 125B enclosure available. As it is, it's gone in a hammertone enclosure I've had kicking around for ages.

Le Grand Bleu
Built on a Rej's DeProfundis PCB for gwem of BKP. He wanted the filter pot separate rather than as a trimmer (standard) or as a blend (mine) and a set and forget modulation switch.

So here it is, modulation is supplied by Rej's mod board and I've ended up angling all a little oddly inside to get the effect I liked (it's very bright/reflective in there). Modulation speed and depth are on internal trimmers.

OD820
Made on Aion's most excellent PCB, it's an OD820 clone. Looks a lot like Cleggy's did... Mine was late because I stole a pot that was destined for it to make the Dumberoid. Bah!

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

m-Kresol

Those builds are all stunningly clean as usual. I especially like the cover art on Le grand bleu.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

alanp

Unicorn breath -- the name could have been so, so much worse... ;) Nicely executed, not often you see one of the tiny non-1590A enclosures!

Le Grand Bleu -- my favourite reverb of all time. I like it more than the RaD and Chasm. Considering that that's a 125B enclosure, I think, the height of the boards to get the Filter pot in (as well as the brick itself under the board) is a bit scary!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Ah tis the DeProfundis delay rather than the Tenebrion reverb. Yeah that'd be super tight in there. Though it does go ;) Just not with any extras.

LaceSensor

Like a boass.
That delay is pimp with the trimmer variants etc.

selfdestroyer

You are a tetris master with that Le Grand Bleu layout. The PCBs just line up perfectly with each other. Great job on all of them.

Cody

wgc

Yowza!  New horizon with the 1550

These are all sweet
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Jabulani Jonny

Man I do love those jacks.  I'm sure you've covered it before, but where can one find those? 

Also, holy crap at the DeProfundis; you couldn't fit a hair between those boards.  Believe you got your money's worth out of that enclosure.   
Jonathan

juansolo

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on May 26, 2014, 02:41:55 AM
Man I do love those jacks.  I'm sure you've covered it before, but where can one find those? 

They're these: http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg08293/6-35mm-jack-socket-mono-panel/dp/AV17481

They're prone to bending if the end of them isn't quite right (you can bend it so it is), but it means I very rarely use them now as I can't trust them. It's a shame because they're tiny and perfect for a lot of things.

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on May 26, 2014, 02:41:55 AM
Also, holy crap at the DeProfundis; you couldn't fit a hair between those boards.  Believe you got your money's worth out of that enclosure.

Yeah they're actually touching. I hadn't realised it was that tight when I planned it...

Mich P

Gledison

Fantastic Builds!
What does that 3PDTboard 1776 with all that extra parts (IC, cap, etc..?)
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Leevibe

Those are all stunning, as usual! I laughed so hard when I saw the name "Spock's Harp." I so wish that had the graphic on it.

juansolo

Quote from: Gledison on May 26, 2014, 11:41:38 AM
Fantastic Builds!
What does that 3PDTboard 1776 with all that extra parts (IC, cap, etc..?)
Cheers

Josh's Optotron. Optofet switching.

mah62

Yet another fantastic batch of builds from you, Juan! Your work rate puts me to to shame :-[

Love the Hammertone one; a bit of a different style from you.

Mark

juansolo

Quote from: mah62 on May 27, 2014, 10:18:26 AMLove the Hammertone one; a bit of a different style from you.

Didn't have another 125B in... Otherwise it'd have been more in-keeping.