News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I just ordered 2 of these!!!

Started by flanagan0718, May 23, 2014, 01:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

I've had nothing but amazing luck with Connie and PPP in the past. It's been a while since I was at the site so this morning I figured I'd surf on over. Poking around I said to myself "you should check out the Blems and Boo Boos". I've always had good luck and I could use an enclosure or two. Then I saw THIS:
http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Code=0028&Category_Code=ENC00

So I ordered 2 of them. My wife is gonna kill me  :(   .Not having to drill or paint! Plus its 6 for $12!!!!! Good lord! Might be mix and match or a hodge podge but I don't care, it's 6 ENCLOSURE FOR $12! Get 'um while they are still there!

GermanCdn

Yeah, I tagged a set of those on my order last week as well.  Too good to pass up at $2 an enclosure, regardless of what the hole pattern or colour is.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

flanagan0718

Quote from: GermanCdn on May 23, 2014, 02:28:05 PM
Yeah, I tagged a set of those on my order last week as well.  Too good to pass up at $2 an enclosure, regardless of what the hole pattern or colour is.

I ordered 2 so between 12 enclosures I'm sure I'll be able to use a few right off the bat!

midwayfair

I was going to order one of them, but then I realized that I just didn't have time to design six new circuits just to take advantage of weird hole patterns.

No, despite what you say, there is no other proper way to deal with a pre-drilled box. It's gotta be new circuits.

flanagan0718

Quote from: midwayfair on May 23, 2014, 04:41:39 PM
I was going to order one of them, but then I realized that I just didn't have time to design six new circuits just to take advantage of weird hole patterns.

No, despite what you say, there is no other proper way to deal with a pre-drilled box. It's gotta be new circuits.
hahaha nice! I am actually working on a ringmod. looks like I'll have lots of options! ;)

GermanCdn

I gotta say, I normally don't order any predrilled blems because of weird hole patterns.  I've still got two from Mammoth from two Christmases ago when they were 6 for $15 and then 25% off, and there is NOTHING (short of designing new circuits like Jon said) that I can get to work well in them (really bad combination of pots, LEDS and switches).  Here's hoping these are a little more useful, and don't end up in the box of misfit enclosures.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

flanagan0718

Quote from: GermanCdn on May 23, 2014, 04:56:50 PM
I gotta say, I normally don't order any predrilled blems because of weird hole patterns.  I've still got two from Mammoth from two Christmases ago when they were 6 for $15 and then 25% off, and there is NOTHING (short of designing new circuits like Jon said) that I can get to work well in them (really bad combination of pots, LEDS and switches).  Here's hoping these are a little more useful, and don't end up in the box of misfit enclosures.

JB Weld is an amazing thing!

gjcamann

reaped.
Can't pass it up. I hate drilling enclosures, I'd rather just add switches and pots to my boards until all the holes are used up. I hope the power jacks are on the lower left corner - but I REALLY hate drilling!!!

And the madbean sale is coming right?

bela1961

I too looked at the 12 enclosure and thought what a deal, but when I factored in the shipping cost, it was not such a good deal. Definitely not for pre drilled stuff.

flanagan0718

Quote from: bela1961 on May 23, 2014, 06:33:27 PM
I too looked at the 12 enclosure and thought what a deal, but when I factored in the shipping cost, it was not such a good deal. Definitely not for pre drilled stuff.
It's not all predrilled. Yes some might be and it might be blemished but for 12 enclosures it was under $40. That's less than $3 for a painted and drilled enclosure delivered to my house. I might need to touch up the paint or fill a hole but it's a good deal, at least I thought so. Well just letting you guys know about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gjcamann

Well thanks for letting me know about it  :)
But my wife would say otherwise.

gjcamann

Not a bad haul. However the silver one is pretty useless  :P

Now all I need it time, but that is never on sale.

GermanCdn

Yeah, you're order was pretty much the same as mine.  I got two BBs drilled for multis, two drilled 125s, one drilled B, and the silver one which will be more work than it's worth to get to usefulness.  Not a bad haul for $12.

flanagan0718

Here's my lot. I got 2 of those weird drills. But other even with those, worth every penny! I'll take the time and fill the holes with some JB weld and use them for a personal build. But all in all, if they offer it again when I need more enclosures I'll jump on that like a fat kid on a cupcake ;D

mmlee

Could some valve based things fit in those holes or are they too big?
>Marcus