News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My first 2 in 1

Started by PhiloB, May 22, 2014, 01:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

Built for a friend.  Went with a Neutrino and Fatpants.  The Fatpants is stock.  Added a switch for the Neutrino for Asy/Sym clipping.  Borrow (with permission) Captain Peyote and Grind Customs Switcheroo idea for making a order switching PCB. 
This build was a big project for me.  Etched both boards and the order switching pcb.  Spent a great deal of time making sure everything would fit in Photoshop.  It was a lofty goal for me and it was successful.  I really was disappointed in the cleanliness or lack of in regard to wiring.  Maybe not enough planning in terms of wiring.
Anyway, this is a fantastic sounding combo.  First time I played through it the family was out if the house so I really got to crank the amp.  Before I knew it I had literally broken a sweat!  It was a lot of fun, which is what it is all about.  I'm going to deliver the pedal today and hope this enjoys it half as much as me.  I'm thinking I need to build one myself.
Thanks Brian for so many great projects!!!

GammaFlex

That looks awesome! multis are something I haven't had the guts to try yet

jimilee

Fantastic. Multis start out with good intentions on wiring, but quickly gets out of hand. It turns into I just want to get this finished.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

That looks fantastic! Really great idea on the graphics. I don't think there's anything to be ashamed of with your wiring. It's orderly and it's only going to get better with each build.

PhiloB

Thanks guys.  Yeah Jimi, I started out very patient and quickly turned into 'man I hope this is going to work!'.  I rocked before I boxed but with the order switching and 2 foot switches and the power bus I figured that might have an issue.  Likely fired up first time.

PhiloB

Thanks LeeVibe for the encouragement.  I had a graphic arts student design the artwork. She was glad to do it for a little bit of money and something to put in her portfolio.  In fact she's giving me permission to share her contact info if any of you guys are looking for someone to do your artwork.

Bret608

This looks really good! I'm liking that Memphis skyline. My parents-in-law live a short hop away from the Pyramid. Just about to be down there as a matter of fact.

Bufferz

really nice, i dig the layout
affiliations: TFX

rullywowr

Looks great Phil!  You know it is a good pedal when you can't stop playing it the first time you fire it up.  :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

bcalla

juansolo

Very nicely done all round!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

muddyfox

Hey this is great! Especially since you etched your own boards...

PhiloB

Thanks guys!
Juansolo, thank you for the envirotex tutorial.  I have found that despite my best efforts, when the envirotex cures, it pulls away from the edge, sometimes leaving an uneven edge.  Is there any way around this?

muddyfox

I can't really tell from your pictures but do you cover the entire top or just the sticker?

PhiloB