News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Eurobeans: New Banzai Enclosures

Started by fixxe, May 20, 2014, 10:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fixxe

In case anyone cares, there are new enclosures at Banzai since this month.

micromegas

Quote from: fixxe on May 20, 2014, 10:09:00 PM
I do care!! New powdercoated enclosures are cool!! May need to order some only for testing....
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

fixxe

Quote from: micromegas on May 20, 2014, 10:19:41 PM
Quote from: fixxe on May 20, 2014, 10:09:00 PM
I do care!! New powdercoated enclosures are cool!! May need to order some only for testing....
They got some cool new colours. Now they only need to introduce some hammertones  ;D

pietro_moog

i'm not sure, but those boxes look they are from mammoth. personally i think that PPP is still better, if you get 10 boxes and shipping it is still a bit less than banzai. and the color variety is wider.

raulduke

Nice option so thanks for linking.

If banzais shipping is any where near as slow as last time I ordered I'll give it a miss though (quicker shipping from Mammoth in the US)!

micromegas

Quote from: raulduke on May 21, 2014, 09:54:02 AM

If banzais shipping is any where near as slow as last time I ordered I'll give it a miss though (quicker shipping from Mammoth in the US)!

How much was the shipping from Mammoth though? They do not have it specified for overseas buyers.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Muadzin

Quote from: micromegas on May 21, 2014, 10:11:26 AM

How much was the shipping from Mammoth though? They do not have it specified for overseas buyers.

Knowing Mammoth its probably at least twice or three times as much as Banzai. They usually ship through Europe for €7,99.

LaceSensor

raulduke

Quote from: micromegas on May 21, 2014, 10:11:26 AM

I can't remember but it was a lot (helpfull I know).

I have had mixed experiences with Banzai in the past though. They have shipped wrong parts, delayed shipping and claimend parts to be in stock when they weren't in the past.

I have had much better experiences with Musikding (another german company).

GermanCdn

Normally I'm a big Banzai fan, but their finished enclosures have been a real let down for me (in fairness, the last time I ordered an enclosure from them was three years ago, so things may have got a lot better, and if so, good on them).  Took a look at the new colours, and they would appear to be Mammoth colours (Tiger Sparkle for instance), and they're listed (at least the ones I saw) as "bulk" with the disclaimer that they may contain scratches, marks, etc.

For a one off, it would seem the way to go, but if you're ordering a pile of finished enclosures, I'd still bite the bullet and order from PPP.  Yes, shipping + VAT is a killer, but unfortunately that's the reality for those of us who don't live in the states.  I just paid $77 shipping on a $240 order with PPP last week, and will still have to pay another $20 when it gets here.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

twin1965

True that Banzai is slow on shipping but I got stung for taxes twice when I ordered from Mammoth. Stopped ordering from USA because of that. Apart from slow shipping my orders from Banzai have always been spot on. Good quality components too. Need to check out these enclosures.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

m-Kresol

I just ordered once from Banzai so far and everything went fast and without problems.
As far as enclosures go, I always order them from RS components. To be fair, they don't have too many colours (just the basics) but they are VERY FAST (always arrives a day after ordering, 2 max.... okok, i waited 2 weeks for my LDRs, but that came from Asia). Also, with the free shipping plus discount from work, I pay about 4€ for a nonfinished 1590B. That is less than one 3PDT....  8)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

muddyfox

Can you hook me up for some boxes as well? I'm liking those prices!  ;D

m-Kresol

Quote from: muddyfox on May 21, 2014, 09:04:50 PM

Can you hook me up for some boxes as well? I'm liking those prices!  ;D

Unfortunately, I can't. I have to order with our mechanic since it's his account that gets the discount and it's already a gray area to order private stuff with the university discount. Also, I can only order to the university. I have no idea if RS would actually care if the address is different.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials