News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Musikding resistors

Started by HailToTheBlues, May 20, 2014, 08:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hi,
i was working on a project's bom and when i was searching musikding's shop, i noticed that they sell metal film "0,6W". Are these the same as 1/4W resistors? Wouldn't they need to be "0,25W" to be 1/4W or am i mistaken?

Kind Regards

Vallhagen

I actually put up the same question a year ago. Thing is: Those MD resistors works perfectly fine, they have the same size as the more common 1/4-watters. I have used them in several of my builds.

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

GermanCdn

Same here, I used the MD resistors almost exclusively when I lived in Germany, worked great.

Another thing in MD's favour - their kits are very affordable and good quality, though somewhat limited in variety.  Would highly recommend the Zen build and the tremolo build - you'd be hard pressed to source the parts yourself for less (I think I did the math on their kits once when I was bored, and if I used the absolute cheapest sources I could find, I think the grand total (without shipping) was less than 2 Euro).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

HailToTheBlues

Thanks for the replies guys! sorry, i couldn't find any post about it so i asked for it.
Actually, i was planning of building their buffer pedal once i had my pedalboard almost complete, they seem affordable and i think they are good deals. Maybe one day i'll try those projects you mentioned, i would love to have a tremolo, it is just not a pedal i need right now, i'm saving for a couple builds that i'll use all the time for certain!