News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking II

Started by ChrisNY, May 18, 2014, 11:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisNY

Not my best build but sounds fantastic. I had some grounding issues it gets tight with the switches. Ribbon cable was too flimsy considering all the hookups so I ended up useing thicker wire for the jacks and DC which cluttered it up a bit. Sounds great and love the enclosure from PPP.

Didn't do the clipping option. I have a ton of diodes to test with but have some old germaniums in there for now.

selfdestroyer

Very nice, great job.

I was using the couple hours I had today to populate mine. Fun build for sure.

Cody

Matt

Looks good!  Really need to start on mine.  What do you think of the Fat and Thick mods?
Matt

ChrisNY

Quote from: Matt on May 19, 2014, 12:15:40 AM
Looks good!  Really need to start on mine.  What do you think of the Fat and Thick mods?

Can't really hear a difference yet on thick. I think fat might have blown the dinky speaker on my Blackstar HT-1R practice sampe  :o

sdlogan9

What did you use for the 2- 1uf box caps? They look a little larger than your standard box cap.

Can you post a link to the ones you used please:). Pretty please:)!!

-Shane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisNY

mah62

Nice build, Mate! My Sunking just arrived and I'm trying to decide which mods to do. I think I'll socket a couple of caps and keep it simple, though as this is my first Klon build. Can't wait!

Quote from: sdlogan9 on May 22, 2014, 03:50:21 AM
What did you use for the 2- 1uf box caps? They look a little larger than your standard box cap.

Can you post a link to the ones you used please:). Pretty please:)!!

-Shane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look like the ones from Tayda, they are always a bit random.  I think they cut them up with a cheese slicer!

Mark

mah62

......or they could be from Smallbear :P

ChrisNY

This build was bugging me mainly because the switches were too tight in the layout causing grounding issues with the input jack (you can see two-sided tape under it in the original gutshot). I decided the fat and thick mods were kind of fire-and-forget anyway so I got a new enclosure without the switches and used internal SPDTs for the mods. Glad I did. So much cleaner inside and the chrome enclosure is a nice touch.

I ended up re-housing my Kingslayer in the original enclosure so now I have two nice Klones. Time to A/B these guys.

madbean

Sorry to hear you had some trouble with the switches :( If you ever re-visit it, try it with these sub-miniature switches: http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=42

They go a long way toward opening up space. Plus, the are not as tall.

Builds look great!

ChrisNY

No worries on the switches. The ones listed were sold out at Smallbear when I ordered parts but in the end I am happy having them as clipping switches on my Kingslayer.

Great design on the board BTW, sounds great! Worth the wait.

Mojo Fandangle

With the Internal SPDT's, I gather that it doesn't matter which way around you place them, yes no?
I might do the same thing for the one I'm building.
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally