News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

RAH + Booster = Awesome

Started by pryde, May 15, 2014, 03:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Been a good while since I built something for myself. I had/have a ton of OD circuits built and tested searching for the "one" that fits my rig best. Funny I always come back to the RAH. IMO it is such a good OD that really does respond and sound much like a good overdriven amp. It isn't a run of the mill overdrive and has its own unique sound and a good EQ. As expected this thing works wonderful with a booster pushing it as well. I had one a while back and sold it only to rediscover how sweet it is. The booster is the simple and great AMZ Mosfet boost.

The only issue with this circuit is I get a bit of fizz on the decay. My previous one did it as well, maybe just inherent in the circuit?

Just a etched enclosure with cool alum knobs:

rullywowr

Nice work, I like the circuits and the enclousure.  The RAH + a booster is def a great combo.  While the RAH sounds great, it needs a little push to get it over the top and sing.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: rullywowr on May 15, 2014, 04:14:00 PM
Nice work, I like the circuits and the enclousure.  The RAH + a booster is def a great combo.  While the RAH sounds great, it needs a little push to get it over the top and sing.
+1

Great looking etch, you got some really great detail in that etch.

I have a Rah also and I found the gain knob to be pretty useless since I just dime it all the time anyway. I don't remember getting any fizzyness but I will hook it up again and try it. I had the PCB sitting around for some time unboxed but when I bought my Gibson SG with burstbuckers, I tried it again and loved the sound of it and boxed it up. I will definitely try a boost in front of it, maybe a good use for Rully's Serpent boost.

Cody

rullywowr

Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 15, 2014, 04:38:00 PM
Quote from: rullywowr on May 15, 2014, 04:14:00 PM
+1

Great looking etch, you got some really great detail in that etch.

I have a Rah also and I found the gain knob to be pretty useless since I just dime it all the time anyway. I don't remember getting any fizzyness but I will hook it up again and try it. I had the PCB sitting around for some time unboxed but when I bought my Gibson SG with burstbuckers, I tried it again and loved the sound of it and boxed it up. I will definitely try a boost in front of it, maybe a good use for Rully's Serpent boost.

Cody

Awesome.  I can't say enough good things about the Serpent Boost (NV).  For such an easy build, it has a lot of control of the type of boost.  I especially like the range knob which allows you to take it to a rangemaster (treble boost) to a full range boost. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

gjcamann

I would love to build one of these. Is anyone selling a PCB for this?

pryde

Quote from: gjcamann on May 15, 2014, 04:49:42 PM
I would love to build one of these. Is anyone selling a PCB for this?

Haberdasher may hook you up with an etched pcb.

irmcdermott

Such a clean build! Looks great. I love that etch.

lincolnic

That etch is really great, and the knobs make it perfect.

hoodoo

Love the Led Zep inspired etch, great looking build  :)

Leevibe

+1 on the etch! Great art and well done! Those knobs go with it. I love those clean innards too.

Hexjibber

++1 on the etch man, great job dude! I really like the dials around the knobs and just a cool look all round!