News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Accutronics BTDR-3H Info

Started by selfdestroyer, May 13, 2014, 03:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Just curious on others thoughts... more of a conversation.

With Josh's new Rub-a-Dub Deluxe, I was hoping to find some more infor on the Accutronics BTDR-3H brick itself. Its funny since when I do Google searches I find only a few pages about it but nothing that seems concrete. I get the Tubeampdoctor that has a document (PDF) that seems to be a datasheet but the pictures dont seem to match up. I just figured with a breakthrough chip like this that there would be more information.

I did find this release article for Namm 2013 saying the Accutronics BTDR-3H was made designed in conjunction with Cusack Music. I did not know that... interesting.I just figured it was designed by Brian from Neunaber Audio Effects.
http://www.namm.org/sites/www.namm.org/files_public/presskits/WN13/Cusack%20Music%20NAMM%202013%20Press%20Release.pdf

This is the datasheet I found for the BTDR-3 that is floating around.
http://amptone.pl/templates/images/files/4686/1392115143-btdr-3.pdf

Was Josh the first person in the US to get a shipment of the BTDR-3?

What other projects are moving to the BTDR-3 modules?

Cody

culturejam

It *is* rather odd that it's quite the mystery still months after it was announced.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gtr2

It's funny because I bought a cusack sweet verb because it had the module in it.  It was the only way to get one to try it at the time.  I didn't care for the sweet verb at all...  So now it's a $200 paperweight...  I need to throw a module back in it and sell it I guess...    ;D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Blues Healer

food for thought:

not that I would know what to do with it, but the data sheet includes a stereo circuit  8)
"music heals"

thesameage

It is odd that not much documentation exists on this. I've been looking as well.

gtr2

Quote from: Blues Healer on May 13, 2014, 03:50:48 PM
food for thought:

not that I would know what to do with it, but the data sheet includes a stereo circuit  8)

But it's not true stereo with only one input to the brick... renders that pretty much useless IMO ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

selfdestroyer

Quote from: gtr2 on May 13, 2014, 12:38:26 PM
It's funny because I bought a cusack sweet verb because it had the module in it.  It was the only way to get one to try it at the time.  I didn't care for the sweet verb at all...  So now it's a $200 paperweight...  I need to throw a module back in it and sell it I guess...    ;D

Josh

Haha, all in the name of science. I am sure you can flip it and get your money back with no problem. On a side note, what did you not like about it?

Cody

gordo

Just ordered and got my fix of 3PDT boards while I was at it.  Stoked.  I'm curious to hear the difference between my Tenebrion and the RAD Deluxe.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Leevibe

Quote from: gtr2 on May 13, 2014, 04:37:45 PM
Quote from: Blues Healer on May 13, 2014, 03:50:48 PM
food for thought:

But it's not true stereo with only one input to the brick... renders that pretty much useless IMO ;)

Those are my thoughts too. It's disappointing. It would be fun to be able to build true stereo on one brick.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Strider0007 on June 13, 2014, 05:07:50 PM
Kind of late reply but here's some info, hope it helps.
http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/images/File/BTDR-3%20DIGI-LOG%20REVERB%20MODULE.pdf

Thanks, but the PDF you posted has been floating around for awhile here. The picture in the PDF does not match up to the model that is shipping but the schematic "looks" like its correct for the BTDR-3 as far as  I can tell. I am still surprised that there is not more info on this yet from Accutronics/Belton.

Cody

gtr2

What info are you looking for?  It's as much info that they give on the BTDR-2H.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

selfdestroyer

Quote from: gtr2 on June 14, 2014, 01:10:04 AM
What info are you looking for?  It's as much info that they give on the BTDR-2H.

I guess nothing really. I was just trying to get as much info on the brick as I could at the time. I was afraid that the PDF was created by TubeampDoctor and was not a "official" document since I could not find any info on Accutronics/Beltons website. I'm pretty much over it now but still think its weird they're not selling them all over the place yet.

Cody