News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

sea urchin volume drop

Started by Philosopher, May 12, 2014, 11:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosopher

i have a big problem with volume drop, i checked every value, solder bridges 3 times, changed 12k to 47k and added the volume trimmer at the output but no luck, i can hear the delay but i have to crank up the amp , very very big voluem difference? any suggestion;?

midwayfair

Quickest way is probably to use an audio probe to see where you're losing signal so you can narrow it down. There shouldn't be a volume drop in this circuit, so you either have a wrong part value or something else wrong, assuming you're building on a verified layout.

Philosopher

i built it before, i had no problems. İ've checked 3 times, changed op amp, 2399 and regulator 2 times still same, which caps or reistor are diretcly influence the volume? i assume its c8 and r5?

rullywowr

I had a similar issue with my "Jules Caverne" version of the DBD.  Ensure the feedback loop resistors are the appropriate value.  R3 and R5 on the Sea Urchin schematic are likely suspects.  I had a 180k in R3 by accident when prototyping my layout and my volume was lower than unity.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Philosopher

my all values are correct, i checked 3 times. and changed r5 12 k to 47k and added volume trimmer at the and but no luck, i will go with audioprobe, or rebuild again.