Main Menu

Codtone Meatball

Started by Guitarmageddon, May 12, 2014, 07:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

Thanks Guys.
Quote from: Leevibe on May 12, 2014, 01:25:03 PM
Where do you buy knobs?
The small ones are on ebay, (for splined shaft-watchout, they come in a D shaft too!), the bigger one's Mammoth (needed a set screw for the rotary switches) I used to use them a lot but they've changed from a brass to a plastic grub screw insert. POS strip with just a rough word, so I'm afraid I won't be getting those anymore. >:(
Quote from: Droogie on May 12, 2014, 03:21:05 PMHow'd you get that color on the box? Totally awesome!
It's layers or red, black, yellow and green rattle can, with some wet sanding. Looks fancier than it is. ;D
Quote from: bcalla on May 12, 2014, 03:53:51 PM
Great build!
And thanks for the tip on the 1458s.  I have one of these half built & it's not working as I would expect.  I don't know where I got my 1458s, but I will try swapping it - or buying new ones if necessary.
If you've got a dud 1458 you'll hear filtering if you cover/uncover the ldrs, but the leds won't respond to input signal.
NE5532 will work too, (some build reports favoured it ) and even a LM072 works in my build. They all produce different sounds as you'll observe the range the leds illuminate change. The 1458 definitely works best for me.
I want to stress that I'm not TAYDA-bashing, I love that place. Interestingly, all my LM1458 work perfectly well when used in the LFO of a shoot the moon. So it's not that they're bad, just that they don't work in a meatball.
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on May 12, 2014, 06:47:04 PM
Must have been on backlog for a while..... I dont think Taylor has had that PCB in stock for over a YEAR!!  :o
That's true, I'm told that if I were to put every board in my box of yet to build PCBs back-to-back, they'll reach from Melbourne to Perth. :o
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

peAk

Man, I always dig your builds and this is right up there.

GrindCustoms

Superb built Ben! 8)

Really wish that i had got mine working....  ::)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

lincolnic

Killer build! I don't envy you having to drill that enclosure, though. Well done.

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: lincolnic on May 13, 2014, 04:01:27 AM
I don't envy you having to drill that enclosure, though. Well done.
Ha ha!
Yes, I'd already soldered the rotaries, so it was a case of measure thrice then drill way oversized holes! ;D
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com