News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Funny or offensive?

Started by chromesphere, May 12, 2014, 01:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hey guys, was just messing around with the idea of getting a short run of stickers made up to include with future orders, just a bit of fun.
But im concerned perhaps my special brand of humor may come across as offensive?  The idea is, you don't have to be a rocket surgeon to build a pedal but perhaps it comes across more like, you NEED to be a genius to build a pedal.  Or maybe im reading too much into it and no one could possible take this cartoon seriously...?  I guess I just feel like it sort of summarises who we are..?
What do you think?
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Leevibe

Doesn't offend me any! It reminds me of the old "this is your brain..." PSAs.

Clayford

Quote from: Leevibe on May 12, 2014, 02:09:05 AM
Doesn't offend me any! It reminds me of the old "this is your brain..." PSAs.
+1
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

chromesphere

Thanks guys.  Or maybe I should replace the image of the brain with a cardtable? lol

Leevibe

Quote from: chromesphere on May 12, 2014, 02:26:08 AM
Thanks guys.  Or maybe I should replace the image of the brain with a cardtable? lol

Or a vial capturing the drops from a crying unicorn's eye

Clayford

Paul do you know the This is your brain PSA's? They were an integral part of the US's (failed) War on Drugs in the 80's. I dunno if they made it over to Oz.

Clearly you need to make 2 stickers

brucer

I don't think it's offensive, but I get where you're coming from.  Maybe you could use a light bulb instead of a brain = ideas/inspiration?

lars

You should replace the pedal graphic with a guy banging his head into a desk, wondering why it isn't working!

haveyouseenhim

I would do:  a soldering iron + burned fingers = pedal.

Or in my case a burned scrotum. But that might be just a tad offensive ;D
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

GrindCustoms

I like the bulb+iron=pedal idea.... :)

Got a cart ready in your shop for a while, just need to pull the trigger, might wait for the stickers.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jkokura

Bulb is as good as brain and wouldn't make the brainless people feel bad.

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on May 12, 2014, 03:21:06 AM
Bulb is as good as brain and wouldn't make the brainless people feel bad.

jacob

I kinda felt bad, but didn't know why.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

chromesphere

haha!  some funny responses thanks guys

Clay, our government takes a different approach.  They would probably do something like...find a heroin addict in the street and preform a live autopsy.  They don't mess around with graphic content when it comes to shepparding the masses, eg:

Living in Australia, sometimes I feel like I'm in a real life clockwork orange :| :| :|  Maybe I should put her face + soldering iron = pedal?  I have mouth cancer because I don't wash my hands after soldering?

Hey I like the lightblub idea!  I'll give that one a crack (when I get a moment :D)

chromesphere

Im not sure why she has such a strong accent...sounds like she's from madmax or something (overdone aussie accent "I know someone that can drive that tanker")

Clayford

Quote from: chromesphere on May 12, 2014, 03:31:48 AM
Im not sure why she has such a strong accent...sounds like she's from madmax or something (overdone aussie accent "I know someone that can drive that tanker")
Maybe it's the missing teeth and trying to enunciate?