News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Who's got vintage gear?

Started by ckim715, May 10, 2014, 08:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Nice collection Cody!

Interesting story about my Prophet 5....

About 15 years or so ago, I found it at a flea market for $150. It was at a time when not everyone and their mom's grandmother were on the net. Anyway, so the guy didn't know what he had. Unfotunately, it wasn't working but I bought it anyway and took a chance. I ended up having it serviced at Wine Country Productions (They fix all the Sequential suff) for about $200 or so. Ended up owning a super clean Prophet 5 for under $500.

Years later, for whatever dumb reason that I can't remember now, I ended up selling it on Ebay for $1700. I looked just yesterday and they look like they have pretty much doubled since then.

Unfortunately, those days have past and finding deals like that are VERY rare.

raulduke

I have a Moog Prodigy too.

Awesome synth. It was hardly a bargain when I bought it, although it is worth more now.

I have other old bits and bobs (pedals, microphones etc.), but none of it is highly desirable. It's quite hard to come by nice old kit in the UK at reasonable prices to be honest (especially vintage guitar stuff).

I would love a Space Echo. Any of you guys want to sell one you know where to find me  ;)!